5.1.15
So it happened. We had the talk with Teegan.
Josh and I had good intentions of this happening at his eighth birthday, that was always the plan, but the last year got away from us! We told him that he got to have a special growing up night with mom and dad and that we could go out on a dinner date. After giving him some options, he chose Texas Land & Cattle...he mainly just wanted steak. It was fun to have the time with just him! On the way home we had fun blasting the music and singing along.
When we got home, after putting Max and Camdyn to bed, we sat him down and had a good long conversation. It's kind of strange telling your child about such adult things, but I'd rather it come from us than anyone else! He read a children's book that I had purchased that came highly recommended along with a book I read. As Teeg was reading, we got about two pages in when Josh and I got the giggles. Let's just say Teegan's face says it all! His wide eyes and "ew's" got us started. We were laughing silently but he could obviously tell, as we were shaking. Luckily we got it together and it all went smoothly after that.
It was a wonderful experience for all three of us! Teeg's our little guinea pig, being our first born..but I don't think it could have good any better. I love that now when he has questions, he knows we can be open and talk about it. I just wish he would stop growing up so quickly. This is unchartered territory for us, but we'll figure it out together.





No comments:
Post a Comment