Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Luray Caverns










I am a little late in posting this event, but about a week and a half ago, Josh's dad had a business trip nearby and so he came to visit for a few days. We have been very spoiled with family visits! While he was here, we went to the Luray Caverns. It was a two hour drive, but I wasn't complaining. It was a perfect Fall day. The sun was shining and the bright trees are incredibly gorgeous! We played soft music and enjoyed our journey. I could have driven all day, I was just content looking out the window...and so was Teegan. He liked to spot out all the little things he saw. Teegan was very excited to go into the cave, and it was hard for him to keep his voice down so that we could hear the tour guide. {He has a book with a cave in it, so I think he was maybe expecting a bear or something...but he did keep saying alligator. Who knows?} At one point we stopped paying attention to him for 2 seconds to listen and then the tour guide says, "Is anyone missing a child?" I looked around for Teegan. Josh and papa didn't have him either and he was gone. We were all the way in the back and he weaved his way through the crowd up to the front. I made my way up to the tour guide who was shining his flashlight on Teegan and he had his hands covering his eyes like he was embarrassed or something. Poor little guy! In the deepest part of the cave was an organ. They played a recording, and the organ was played using the stalactites. It was pretty cool! On our way home we took Skyline drive along the Blue Ridge mountains. It was a breathtaking view, especially at sunset. I just have to say that I finally saw the sunset on the horizon and not above the tops of the trees...pretty exciting, I know! At one of the overlooks we stopped at, there was a deer that came walking right past us to a group of people and ate an apple out of this little boys hands. Now that's not something you see everyday. Thank you Jeff for the fun adventure. We loved having you here!








3 comments:

the Murphys said...

It's so funny to see those pictures of the caverns. The first time we were there, Josh was like 4 or 5 and Steven was a baby. It's great to see they still have the organ. Did they show you the eggs and bacon? It sounds like Teegan needs his monkey leash! :-) Beautiful fall pics, too!

Olsens said...

That looks way fun. We talked about going there but have not. We will have to schedule that in to our list of things to see in VA before we move. I'm sorry I am answering your question way late, I'm not sure what happened but. Sadie did the same thing she just wanted to stand all the time so I borrowed Makelle's saucer and she liked it alright. She gets bored of it after about 5 minutes. It's great for when I shower I just stick her in it in front of the TV and she is happy and cant escape somewhere.

Grandma and Papa said...

You're so close, Becky. Try...you were 9, Josh was 3 and Steven was a baby. Dad had Steven on his back, just like Josh and Camdyn. And Josh was just as hard to keep track of as Teegan sounds like. (I see so much of Josh in Teegan, as I know we all do.) We should make a scrap book entry of "then and now" shots. I'm sure I have more pictures in one of my boxes. :) Dad loved to be able to share that experience with you! These bring back memeories over the generations, for me. My parents brought us there more than once.