As Britt already mentioned, today is our 4 year anniversary. I just wanted to write a little bit about the girl I fell in love with then and am more in love with now.
I'll never forget the first time I remember (she says we met one time before) meeting Britt. We were both going to school in Rexburg. Jared Whitehead and I decided we would go visit my cousin Ashley at her apartment (Britt and Ash were roommates). Brittany was there with Ashley and we just sat and chatted for a little while. There was a "magic" eight ball on the couch, so I thought I would be stupid and ask the ball if I would get married that year. The ball said maybe or something like that, and then I asked the ball if I would marry Brittany. I don't remember the answer on the ball, but I remember the look she gave me. It was one of those where the eyebrows raise up, the mouth is open just a little bit, the eyes roll up and to the left, and then the head follows in the same direction. In short, it was an "are you really that corny" type of look...I've loved her ever since. I went home that day and told my cousin Ryan that she's the girl I'm going to marry. It took me a few times asking and being turned down for what Britt calls "legitimate" reasons, but I finally got her to go out with me about three months after the eight ball debacle. She said she had a great time that first date, but I was too nervous to have much fun. On subsequent dates we realized how clumsy each of us were.
On various dates and in no specific order here are a few: I opened the back door of the pickup so she could throw her snow clothes in for a sledding trip we were going on. She threw her stuff in and then climbed in the back seat and waited for me to shut the door. I sat there confused for a second, wondering if this was some sort of new hint girls had developed to tell a guy she doesn't really like them and then asked her if she wanted to sit up front with me (there was no one else in the truck). She was pretty embarrassed. I was relieved. One night we went skiing and on our first run down the hill she crashed and broke her thumb, so we left and went to a movie. I hit my head on a door casing and it starting bleeding. It took me about 10 to 15 minutes to get the bleeding slow enough that we could leave. I was coming out of Papa Murphy's with some pizzas one winter and as I was going to open the door and slipped on the ice and fell as Britt was watching me through the car window. We were meant for each other.
As I spent more time with her I was impressed by so many things about her. One of the first things I noticed was how she treated others. She was so caring and tried to put others before herself. She was a great listener and loves to have fun. When she would get embarrassed, she would just laugh about it and move on. She was close with her family and was strong in the Church. She has a great smile and laugh. She was a simple, no drama girl which I really loved. Britt just loved life. She still possesses all of these qualities and more today. Most of which is her love of being a wife and mother. She told me today that she never wants to stop having kids. The look I gave her was one of those where your eyes get kind of wide, you can't blink, and you look at the person to see some hint of sarcasm. In short, it was an "oh crud, I can't think of what to say, but I hope she'll tell me she's joking" type of look...she didn't.
I love you Britt and thank you for everything you do and are. These last four years have definitely been the best of my life. Sometimes I sit and wonder how I got so lucky because I know I married far above what I deserve.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary! You are perfect for each other! Josh, but the time you guys have 8 kids running around just ask her if she remembers that comment... ;) At least your unnumbered amount of children will all be beautiful!!
This was so fun to read Josh! I laughed and even got a little teary eyed. You two are so cute together!
Congratulations you two! Your wedding pictures are beautiful!
That's so cute. Happy anniversary! You two are an amazing couple and we are so grateful to be your friends! I do love all of the klutzy moments you had while dating. I think Andrew had the majority of those moments in our relationship-and nothing has changed!
Hey Brittany- How nice it must have been for you to check your blog and find all those nice things Josh posted about you two. You guys are too cute! Happy Anniversary :)
How did this one get by me!!! Happy (belated) Anniversary!
Britt and Josh!! Your kids are adorable! I think the last time I saw Britt was when Teegan was just a little baby. I miss you guys! And, I do believe that magic 8 ball was mine. Can I take credit for the match making? Miss you guys!
Congrats on the Anniversary! You two have the cutest little family and we hope all is going well with you and school! We heard you were off for a new adventure with dental school, I think it was. Anyway, we just started a blog and would love to keep in touch with you guys. Will you email us at supermomma83@yahoo.com so we can send you an invite? Take care!
Lacie and Nick Pearson
P.S. Do you have Dave and Melissa Ekman's email address?
Thanks a ton! Hey, if you want me to design you a blog layout, let me know!
Josh how romantic. No really I'm not being sarcastic. You two are perfect for each other. The car incident makes me laugh. Brittany I got your gift you sent. Thank you so much. I can't wait until his feet can fit into those shoes they are so adorable. Actually I can he is growing way to fast. I have a silly question, I hope I don't sound stupid in the pork taco recipe it calls for salsa verde. What is it and where can I find it at the grocery store.
I just read your comment on Brannigan's blog. Don't you even think about moving to Arizona. You guys need to come back you Idaho. Just kidding. Who knows where we will be in the future. But hopefully you guys don't move to far. We miss you.
Hey, I miss you guys! Josh, you are a sweet husband! And you two are perfect for each other! Good luck with school and everything else!
No DRAMA?! Ha,..I beg to differ! ;) Just teasin' Britt! ;) She is ALL that and a BAG of CHIPS! -Happy Anniversary guys!
Yep I agree...Britt is a pretty special girl and Josh you are pretty special yourself. Thanks for being so good to Britt. Love you both:) Happy late anniversary...
Post a Comment