7.2.13
We were looking for a fun outing with the kids...one they hadn't done before. This was a first for us all and one we will never forget! We went to the Reptile Zoo. A hot, humid building filled with way too many snakes, lizards, frogs and even a couple of alligators. Kids were in heaven! They had the top 10 most deadly snakes (at least the ones that were there) ranked. They were so funny..when they would find one of them they would holler out "I found #6" and "I see the #2"..it was a fun game for them.
They got to watch an alligator eat a rabbit and we watched the snakes each eat a mouse for lunch. It was quite disturbing. I am really surprised I didn't have some serious nightmares following our outing! I think the most terrifying..was seeing the anaconda in the water. It was in a glass cage and you could go under the table to watch from below. Too terrifying to even take a photo of it. Eek!
#1 most deadly snake.
It definitely wasn't the scariest looking one that's for sure.

The kids had the opportunity to hold a snake and got to chose if they wanted it in their hands or around their necks. So what did my children choose...
I can't believe how brave they all were. I couldn't even dream of touching the things!
The turtles in the back were cute though.
Max was all reptiled out!










1 comment:
That is Freaky! My worst nightmare! What is up with your children, they are so brave. I started cracking up when I saw the snakes around their necks like it was no big deal. You were brave to even get close enough to take a picture...I don't know if I could of even done that:) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment