Friday, April 1, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Girl

I can't believe this little missy is now a big 3 year old!
It is so fun to remember back on that day 3 years ago. She was the best April fools surprise ever!
We feel so blessed to be Camdyn's parents.
 She is a little ball of energy, loves anything girly, and SO has her dad's laugh. :)

When she is lifted up, she flaps her arms and says, "I a butterfly". When I asked her a couple of months ago what cake she wanted me to make her for her birthday...naturally she said a butterfly one.
{It took a lot of practice for her to hold up 3 fingers, but she now has it mastered and is very proud about it!}


We invited a few friends over to celebrate with us. 
We played "wrap the caterpillar in the cocoon". First one to use the whole roll of toilet paper won...winners were Teeg & Doug. Then there were the others who wrapped their little caterpillars all nice and neat. 
She enjoyed singing to herself along with all the rest of us.
Opening presents: I LOVE Teegan's face in all these photos.
The best part is that he is not just being silly. He is genuinely excited for her! 
He was most thrilled about this gift because he picked it out for her. I gave him $10 and we headed to the store. He looked through the isles and was convinced she would want Hungry Hungry Hippos more than anything. (Of course he wants it for himself too.) He waited for a week to give this to her and it was killing him. It was fun to see him so excited about giving. 

Princess night gown & Rapunzel doll from nana.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

What a ridiculously cute 3 year old! And her brother with his faces absolutely kills me. So great.

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I just about cried!! I cant believe she is 3!! I will never forget that April fools day! I had a voice mail from Josh after school that said Brittany is not going into labor, I repeat Brittany is not going into labor oh and its April fools day. Oh how I love that little girl!!

The Fox Family said...

haha! I LOVE Teeg's face in those pictures! Hilarious! What a good big brother! You did a darling job with her party! i love the cake and her shirt...you never cease to amaze me!

Ulrich Family said...

She is 3? Crazy! That picture of her sitting on the table with everything behind her looks just like Becky! Teegan is hilarious! I love it when the other kids get excited for the birthday person. What a fun party! We miss you guys!

Nanette Hirschi said...

She is the cutest butterfly I have ever seen....Josh must have done a really good job with his cocoon:)

Grandma and Papa said...

What a fun day! Brit, the cake it amazing! Camdyn looks lklike she's in heaven. It's always fun to pick out girly presents for her. I can't wait to be there to hug our smiling grandkids...and play Hungry Hippo, of course!

Brianne and Imari Molifua said...

You never seem to fail to make people feel the most SPECIAL on their Birthdays! What a cute Butterfly girl Camdyn is, and I can't believe how big she is getting too. Their both growing so fast. Like Lex said, I also can still remember the day I got a call from Josh on April Fools day three years ago. I was just diagnosed with Strep throat and I was hoping his call was an April Fools joke...and it wasn't. What a beautiful little girl she has turned out to be:)

Dallings said...

That excitement is contagious. i love them.