Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Natural Bridge

We took advantage of the beautiful fall weather (in October) and drove 2 1/2 hours to go see the Natural Bridge. It has become tradition to listen to Enya as we drive through all the brightly colored leaves. The kids were happy & pleasant which made it all the better!

This picture of the boys makes me happy..
they are too cute.
A double piggy-back. 
Neither of the kids legs were working & Josh told me I had to hold both of them. :)..Jk.
Well look who it is...the Dunn family!
We knew they were going the same day, so we were watching for them. The kids immediately ran for them and there was plenty of hugging action. 
*Notice Sara..doing exactly what i'm doing..snapping shots. That's my girl! :)
Sara & I like to hug too.
Next..we went to explore the caverns. The kids thought it was very cool. Teeg was hoping to see a bear. At the end of the tour they turned off the lights..for a little too long if you ask me. :)
Lastly we stopped at a look-out point to eat our picnic we had packed.
Roast beef sandwiches and pasta salad.
I will never forget what Teeg and dad attempted to do. Let's just say, there were no bathrooms around...and I didn't have to deal with it and couldn't stop laughing. I love you Josh. Ahh..the things you do when you are parents! :)
The kids zonked the moment we drove away. Perfect! 
They sure did a lot of walking for their short legs.

8 comments:

The Fox Family said...

you document things so well i feel like I was there too. Good- now i don't have to go. What a fun family outing. And i love that you and Sara are snapping pictures of your kids meeting!haha 2 peas in a pod

Aly said...

Fun! You look so great in purple. Anyways, I LOVE natural bridge. It makes me miss Buena Vista and my college days. Its so gorgeous over there. You should have made a stop at SVU just to look at the amazing campus. It really is beautiful!

Jenna said...

We love Natural Bridge- looks like you guys had a great time! You didn't want to check out the creepy wax museum??

Katie said...

What a fun day trip. I forgot you guys went there. I see Josh in scrubs so often, it almost seems weird to see him in normal clothes. Ah how we love our hubbies' green scrubs.

Jackie said...

So beautiful! Sounds like a great day.

Ulrich Family said...

That look awesome! How fun!

Fisher Family said...

What beautiful country you have to visit there. It looks like a really fun little trip. The picture of your family on your Christmas card is beautiful!

Grandma and Papa said...

Wow, how gorgeous! Our Grandkids, I mean. :) But the scenery is beautiful, too. I remember all the summers, while growing up, my family drove through the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge. It looked just like your photos, except the leaves were green. Y’all always look like you are having such a wonderful time together. I love that!