Tuesday, November 23, 2010

..Potty Princess..

{Side note: Josh gave her the name "potty princess"}
Well..this little girl was potty trained in 3 days! (A few months ago.) She was certainly ready. She is very independent...too independent. She likes to go into the bathroom and climb on the counter, turn on the light and get ready all by herself. She likes to feel like a big girl! When we are out in public, she wants to go in the stall alone and I'm not even allowed to peek. It is quite difficult for me to let her do it alone because of how nasty the bathrooms are!
One day I caught her using the potty in her high heels. She must have had to take her pants off and put the heels back on..silly girl.
A friend let us borrow their potty doll. You give her water in the bottle, then she actually goes potty. Great visual. Camdyn loved it!
Sporting her new undies..
I made her this potty chart and she picked out the princess stickers. She was very strategic in where she placed them on her chart. Teeg liked to be there to give her his input. :)
She also tends to get carried away with the TP.

Once she filled her chart, she got her potty prize..which was a pink umbrella. It really has come in handy here with all the rain. She loves it.
At the end of August, she graduated to a big girl bed. She had learned to crawl out of her crib and we knew it was time. Josh, however, was sad to take down the crib. That thing was a labor of love for him and his dad.
We took her mattress shopping with us. She was feeling pretty special.
Surprisingly, she stayed in her bed better than she did the crib. It was an easy transition.
So it's official..she's a big girl! Here is her big girl bedroom.
I got this quilt from Target and this green dresser was purchased on Craigslist.
There were a few people after it, so Josh was kind enough to rush over and pick it up for me. I am so in love with it!
They are so sweet when they sleep aren't they?
I love that she's snuggling her teddy.
..And this girl has the craziest bed head every morning!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Cam... I can't believe how big she's getting!

And I think every lady wears her nicest shoes when she goes potty. It's just classy.

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

Could she be anymore of a girl!!! haha I love it. I cant even believe how big she is getting but its OK we get to see you in less than a month! Her bedroom is so stinking cute!! mine room is not even that cute!

Marci*Jake said...

She is so cute and so big! Definitely a Potty Princess! How do they grow up so fast? Her room is adorable too.

Fisher Family said...

It is absolutely amazing that she was potty trained in 3 days! She is so cute! Darling pictures.

Skylar and Lauren said...

how cute i love the heels on the potty! ok britt ur gonna have to teach me all of ur tricks cuz when we get back from christmas it's belle's potty training time! well done!

Ulrich Family said...

Are you serious? That's awesome that she is potty trained. I tried with Koen a couple of months ago and he did great for about 2 or 3 weeks and then he was done. We went back to diapers and are still there. He turns 3 next week and I'm not sure what to do to motivate him. So congratulations! Her bedroom is so stinkin' cute. Congrats on the milestones.