Monday, November 29, 2010

A Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving was one we will never forget...
We made turkeys.


Josh broke his collar bone playing football.
This year we are indeed grateful for Dr.'s and modern day medicine!
After 30 minutes of him playing..the traditional turkey bowl, I got a phone call from him saying the bishop was taking him to the ER. At least I got to watch some of the Macy's Day parade in the waiting room. :) Thank goodness it was his left side, so I didn't have to feed him his turkey. Josh is a trooper. We've figured that since we've been married..in 6 years he has had 5 accidents/surgeries/mishaps!

Less than a week later, I made a visit to the ER. Turned out I had a kidney stone. And yes they are just as excruciating as everyone makes them out to be! Josh and I really were able to take care of each other. We were both on Lortab..and feeling good!

We ate out & wore UGLY sweaters.
Our theme this year was "No mess, no stress!" We ate at Mimi's cafe. It was a delicious turkey meal..pie included. It was nice, we even had our own room at the restaurant.
{Teegan looks slightly embarrassed!}
Oh Doug!
{For the picture above...we said "silly picture". I think Teeg & Camdyn nailed it.}

And..the ugly sweaters that made the day so memorable! They were all hilarious, but Josh Furniss definitely wins. He is wearing a woman's holiday sweater. Favorite quote of the night...Alicia said to Josh, "hey that's the sweater I tried on and almost bought!"
The mustache just added to Doug's whole look. He's the kid magnet.
Pie at our Place.
We still wanted to enjoy the traditional, lay around & eat more pie part of Thanksgiving. 
Belle & Camdyn were so cute together.
It's so fun to see her playing with a friend her same age who loves dolls as much as she does! 

No comments: