This was Teegan's first season of soccer.
It was much anticipated. He had asked when he would start playing for months. It was such a great experience for him to be a part of a team and learn teamwork (still working on that concept). His coaches were great with the kids, understanding they were kids and there to have fun, but still taught them and pushed them.
There is not much else I would rather do than watch Teegan out there on the soccer field. Saturday mornings had become special..for all of us. Camdyn enjoyed watching too.
I remember watching him his first game, I got teary-eyed watching him so happy doing his thing. Any emotion he feels..he shows it on his face. It's quite entertaining.
It was so fun to watch his progression throughout the season. At the beginning he would do things like lose his shoe, kick the ball in the wrong goal, and get in trouble for picking his nose while playing. :) On the way home from his first game, he explained that all the kids were bigger and faster than him. He was discouraged.
I'm not sure when things clicked for him, but soon he was trying harder. He was faster and a little more aggressive..always in the action. He would position himself in front of the ball instead of always chasing from behind. When he got his first goal Josh & I could help but SCREAM! We knew how much it meant to him and it really boosted his confidence...(maybe a little too much!) After that point when he would get a goal he wanted to tell everyone on his team and the other team! We had talks with him and by the end he would just tell his coach.
When he was on the sidelines..he would not take his eye off the game. He was constantly cheering for the falcons.."Go falcons..run faster..kick it!" It was so funny to watch.
We love You #12!
Warming up with coach Scott..
Take a close look at Teegan below! (The one on top of the soccer ball haha.) I was so glad I had my camera out for this moment. It is so funny that when one of them falls..usually a few others do..the domino effect.
This is the -I just got a goal & am feelin' good- look on his face!
(Top left picture below)- Soccer oath..promising to play fair and be honest.
Teeg's other parents, Hutch & Katie, and Charlie too, came out to support him.
It was fun to have them there. They are such great friends.
The Falcon Team
Coach Stephanie & Scott
Top left: Nathan, Gavin, Thomas
Bottom left: Teegan, Ashay, Shreesh, Brycen
At his last game they handed out trophies. I have never seen this kid so excited. He ran right up to his room and put it on his bookshelf.
Now days..we play soccer in the living room. Multiple times a day! He just can't get enough I guess.
Coach Stephanie & Scott
Top left: Nathan, Gavin, Thomas
Bottom left: Teegan, Ashay, Shreesh, Brycen
At his last game they handed out trophies. I have never seen this kid so excited. He ran right up to his room and put it on his bookshelf.
Now days..we play soccer in the living room. Multiple times a day! He just can't get enough I guess.









9 comments:
Look at that guy! He looks so happy. He's truly a soccer champ.
Oh I would pay to watch him play soccer!!! I wish we lived closer, I don't want to miss out on all this stuff..... its official, if you wont move back to us we are all moving to you!!!
That is so fun! I love it when they get to this age and can do things like this that they love. He seems to be quite the player. Uncle Scott would be so proud :) I love the excitement on his face - priceless!
Team sports are great! It looks like he had a good season. Darling pictures of him. Your babysitters in training are sure cute too!
Oh my gosh he is cute. That is so funny that he told everyone when he made a goal! I am SO excited for Beck to be old enough to sign him up for all the little sports teams...I'm 100% sure I'll cry too!!
I cried too at my kids' first soccer game! It's just another milestone of them getting older and you're so proud of them. I'm glad that Teegan did so well. My kids are also the smallest on their team and it can be discouraging for them but it's good that Teegan got over that quickly. Fun fun pictures.
I am so glad we got to see one of Teegan's games. It was so fun and sooo cute to watch him play.
Ah, so cute. I can't wait for Mason to be on a soccer team someday.
Proud of the kid, the shot of him tripping on the ball reminds me of playing back in the day with Josh, he always seemed to be goofin off while I was taking care of business!
Post a Comment