Love this photo: Typical lazy day..popsicles..bandiads on both knees.
Climbing Trees
We have a couple of child-size climbing trees and my kids constantly want to be in them..especially Camdyn. If she's ever turned up missing, it's typical for her to be found in the trees and she says.."I a monkey!"
I am so grateful we have had no accidents. {knock on wood} They are pretty good little climbers..especially for being in flip flops.
We celebrated birthdays...
Fishing & BBQs..
We went to a nearby park and pond to take the kiddos fishing. The kids were loving it, then out of no where this massive thunderstorm hit..a downpour of rain, loud thunder, and crazy winds. The kids were beside themselves..well Camdyn & Parker. Our friends, Erik & Nichole, brought their brand new baby. It was their first family outing..one i'm sure they will never forget.
It was kind of hilarious. The guys did a great job of keeping our burgers dry!
My hair looked awesome from all the humidity..It was huge! Everyone got a glimpse of the real me.
I don't think any of us would survive without the pool! We would go like 3 times a week. I have 2 little fish & swimming is all they would want to do.
This year Camdyn was quite the swimmer..and she sure kept me on my toes! She was fearless. She loved jumping into the water all by herself (with floaties of course).
There was one episode when she had forgotten that she didn't have her floaties on and ran to the stairs and just sunk right in the pool. Her eyes were wide open under the water..and she didn't even move. She was frozen. It sure gave me a heart attack.
Even after that experience, she still wasn't afraid.
As for Teegan..he loved jumping in & doing tricks. (Which usually would be making silly faces or doing something crazy with his arms as he jumped off the sides.)
{Please ignore my annoying voice.
My friend..Emily..tried pushing me in while i was getting this video}
It's so fun..the boys head to school & the girls play with the kids at the pool.Life is good! :) This was an exceptionally crowded day.
Club Mom
I know it sounds silly, but there really is a club. The first Tuesday of every month you can go to the mall for free breakfast at the food court & there is a live children's band. The kids love getting their groove on and I love eating their unfinished pretzels! :)
This picture makes me smile. All the moms & all the kids together.
We {heart} King's Dominion..
We made the decision to get season passes to a theme park {about 20 mins away} and it was a great investment. We went a whole lot. They have a lot of kids rides that are impossible to tear our kids away from at the end of the day.
I think i could watch Teegan on the bumper cars all day! He is hilarious. He gets this deep laugh..that isn't normal. He loves crashing.
Camdyn is a brave little gal. She's tried most of the rides, but now she knows which ones she likes & others she doesn't. When we come to a ride, she'll either run in line with Teegan or walk to the sidelines with us. No discussion..she knows what she wants.
This is when you know the kids have had enough for the day!
Flying Eagle: a favorite ride of Josh & Teeg's.
I LOVE to watch Josh..grinning from ear to ear, like a kid.
This is the only flying he's been doing lately.
(Josh. Teegan. Claire)
They have some awesome roller coasters.Our very favorite is "The Volcano" that shoots you through a volcano at the speed of light! :) It is awesome.
This is the "Intimidator"! The name is fitting.
I still can't decide if it's fun or just plain terrifying!
Everyone would say when they went on this..they started to black out. I thought maybe people were just being dramatic, but no it's true! The worker told us to squeeze our legs together tightly if we didn't want to black out as much. It's nuts!
We had the genius idea to do a girls & a boys trip. That way we wouldn't even need to get a babysitter. Since it was so hot, the very first thing we did is went on the wet ride & got drenched. We were screaming like little girls.
Jackie.Emily.Nichole.Sara.Marci.Me
It was a blast! There were no lines so we hopped from one ride to another. We occasionally ran through the park and got in trouble. (You gotta make the most of your time.)
I realized I am becoming like my parents..that night I felt so sick from all the whipping & thrashing around.
Guys night out..the following night. They refused to take a camera with them (typical)! So i had to snap one before they left.
David. Tommy. Jake. Doug. Joshua
Playing Outside..
..collecting acorns. These kids love playing outside with their friends.
VCU Back to School BBQ..
This year they had cotton candy. It was the kids first time to try it. Teeg loved it & Camdyn hated it. How??
She ended up rubbing it all over her face, arms, & hair. What a sticky mess!





















3 comments:
It looks like you had a great summer. You have a darling family!
How fun! I'm glad that you guys are able to experience so many things while you are there. It looks like Josh gets to do most of those things with you guys which is awesome. It's hard while they are in school and you guys are making the most of it. Awesome. Can't wait to see you guys. Christmas maybe???
Is that creepy I get butterfly's when I see you have a new post? I know it is, Looks like you guys are always having so much fun! I hope one day I can be a fun mom like you!! I loved the videos so cute!!
Post a Comment