Destination: Martha's Vineyard
Well i'm so glad that i have something exciting to blog about since it is my 200th post and all..what a special occasion! :) Josh and I left the kids behind for the weekend and headed to Martha's Vineyard with Josh's family for his cousins wedding.
It was a perfect get away. I forgot how easy it is to travel without kids!
We are so in love with the Island and definitely hope to return someday.
The ferry ride from Cape Cod over to the island.
We made it right in time for the wedding cocktail party on the beach.
After wards at like 9:00 pm (don't ya just love vacations schedules..or lack thereof!) we went out for dinner. I ordered a tomato & onion salad. That was just what I got. I was surprised there was no lettuce involved. Josh was kind enough to share his pizza with me.
We spent the next whole day at the beach. It was heavenly..very relaxing!
I must say...these are some of my favorite photos from the trip! Every time I look at them I laugh to myself. Josh's mom lathering up by bro-in-law. :)
We went for a drive and saw these..they are known as the Gingerbread houses.
They are so colorful and dainty and quite the site to see.
There are definitely a lot of wealthy people here who spend their summer in their vacation homes. People just dressed so nicely. There were a lot of men who would wear sweaters tied around their shoulders. {Josh kept count.}
We came home showered had dinner, then that night for Friday the 13th..went on a ghost tour around the island. The thing that made it more scary for me it that it was a private tour so it was only our family and one other. They told us stories about paranormal activity and said that strange things happened to those that were skeptics. I tried to be open minded! :) We went into a printing press, into the church where the wedding was going to be held the next day (kind of funny), and wandered the streets.
*Sidenote: The orb in the photo above with the headstone was a big deal to the tour guides.
Luckily the tour wasn't as scary as I thought. It was once we got home and stories were told (Thanks a lot Becky & Steven) that freaked me out! Josh may have had to sleep in my twin bed with me. :)
On the agenda for our last day: Lighthouse & Wedding
Josh.Steven.Becky
Luckily the tour wasn't as scary as I thought. It was once we got home and stories were told (Thanks a lot Becky & Steven) that freaked me out! Josh may have had to sleep in my twin bed with me. :)
On the agenda for our last day: Lighthouse & Wedding
Josh.Steven.Becky
Then it was onto the wedding..in this cute little chapel. It was a beautiful ceremony. It's what I had envisioned when I was little.
I couldn't help but compare it to our wedding day in the temple. I almost got emotional. I am so grateful for what we know and that families are eternal.
Her dress was made by a Broadway designer..it was gorgeous. The bridal party left the church in a trolley and went to the reception that was at her parents house with the beach right there in the backyard.
This was probably the most extravagant wedding I will have ever attended in my lifetime! It was like being in the movies. Even the porta-potties had bouquets of flowers, a lantern, and smelled wonderful..what the heck?!
The highlight of the night was all the dancing! At one point all of us..including Josh's mom & dad were all dancing with us. The live band was awesome. It was a party.





















9 comments:
what a fun get-away! it looks like such a beautiful place... and i am cracking up about that salad... two thick slices of onion mmmmm.
How cool is this?! It looks like you had such a blast.
PS- You are so brave to do a ghost tour! You have my profound respect.
How fun for just the two of you to get away! It looks like you had a wonderfu trip and that your kids had fun while you were away. The scenery and cute houses were just beautiful! Congrats on post number 200.
200 posts... that's amazing! I'm not even to 100 yet. That is so crazy that you went there because the other night I got sucked into some documentary TV show about Martha's Vineyard. I had never heard of it. I got sucked in because they were talking about those cute gingerbread houses. That looks like the perfect vacation, the beach looks so fun and I'm jealous you got to see those houses in real life.
That wedding looked ADORABLE too.
I wish we could see you in November too... think about it. haha just kidding... Maybe once you guys move back will can all get together for Thanksgiving again. I'm sure we will at some point!
We miss you too! Love you,
Ashley
Britt what an amazing 200th blog. What a wonderful getaway for you and the family. So happy you had the time together. I love, love, love! your dress for the wedding.
P.S.
Tony and I are moving to Columbus Ohio not to far from you guys hope we can come and visit.
What an awesome trip! Looks like so much fun and how great that you got to go without the kiddos. You look beautiful in every pic, Brittany!
Take me back NOW and no one gets hurt! :) Onions and tomatoes, cheap sunglasses from a gas station in Idaho, orbs, glorified porta potties - we had it all!
you are beautiful britt!! OH... those houses!! seriously.. that looks like so much fun! I am glad that you guys were able to get away for a while. YOu deserve it.
It was fun to see your trip, it looked very magical. You two are such a cute couple. That sounds very highschool!
Post a Comment