Saturday, December 5, 2015

Weekend in Utah

November 20th - 21st: 
Josh and I planned a quick trip to Salt Lake for multiple reasons. Our niece was in her first play and we wanted to be there to support her. I had been dying to meet our newest nephew, Kammon.. and dad also needed his temporary crown put in.  Our friends were so kind to help us out and come stay with our kids for a couple of nights. 

Of course..two days before leaving town, Max got super sick. This kid is as healthy as they come and so when he was this sick, it was heart breaking. Especially because he can't communicate his wants and needs. He had strep throat, a fever and lost his voice. At night he was super raspy and the night before we left he had a hard time catching his breath. I cried. Leaving him is hard for me...and especially leaving him when I felt like he needed me most. We got his antibiotics in him and that helped and luckily he woke up the morning we left feeling much more chipper. Thank goodness! 

I asked for updates from his teacher (because he wasn't contagious and could go to school) and babysitters. They all reassured me that he was good and happy. This helped me enjoy our getaway. 
Taking selfies...waiting to pick up his antibiotic. 
Mom and dad picked us up at the airport and we met up and Grandma + Grandpa Hirschi's house. After 3 long months, I finally got to meet my baby and he is as sweet as they come...in his little skinny jeans. 
It was funny because a couple of my aunts came by to say hello as dad was reclined in the middle of the living room being worked on. It was entertaining for us all. 

It's so fun visiting my grandparents. They are too cute! Grandma offered her lap as a seat to grandpa and he about fell right off. Grandpa kept saying, "Theda..don't let go!" and she was just back there giggling. Oh my how I love them. Grandma made us a fancy dinner..complete with a few desserts. Some things never change, even when you are old. 
Gosh it was cold! I think Texas has softened us a little. 
We walked around looking at the candy window displays, ate lunch at Kneaders, and then explored City Creek Mall. It was too quick of a day, but boy it was sure fun! Love spending time with my family. It's nice to see them so often lately. 


Then onto Josh's family...His parents, Grandma Miles, and Steven even came for the weekend. 
We went out to eat before the play. The boys had fun beating Josh at an arm wrestling match. 
Steven needed a hug. (I may have dared him to do it! hehe.)
 Ella was in the play Bye Bye Birdie and it was the cutest thing ever! She even had a dancing solo and was amazing. I really wished Teegan and Cams could have been there to see her. We then stayed up until 1:00 a.m. gathered around Becky's bed with treats cause that's what ya do when you only have a day together! We feel incredibly blessed to be a part of these wonderful families of ours. 

No comments: