Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Great Wolf Lodge!

12.11 - 12.13
Josh + I love being sneaky. 
On this particular late Friday morning...we kidnapped the kids from school. We sent them off like it was a normal day, but we had other plans in mind. Suitcases were already packed and loaded in the car and they had no idea. They were surprised when they got called to the office and saw us standing there. We told them that we had a surprise for them, but we were giving no clues. 

So here's to one last hoorah before baby sister comes next month!!
Their faces when we pulled into Great Wolf Lodge were priceless!!
Checking out their wolf den. They were pleased with the bunk beds.
We immediately changed into our swimsuits and were off to the pool. They dominated all the waterslides (Camdyn did as many as her height would allow.) All of their favorite was the funnel one.  

Max and I rotated between the wave pool and lazy river. We tried out the kiddie pool but it didn't work out so well. He went down one of the little waterslides but then tried climbing up it and I couldn't get to him. Yikes! The lifeguard had to intervene. 
I loved watching these fishies play. The wave pool is always a favorite! Max ditched his life jacket towards the end of our stay and all though it kept me on my toes..he was in heaven. He loves being under the water and the waves just make him laugh. 
Floating felt wonderful for my big pregnant body. 
The kids changed into their jammies for swimming and story time in the lobby followed by snow. This is the closest thing we'll get to the real deal this winter. 
They have their wolf howl down...especially Josh!
After breakfast, they were anxious to hit up the pool for round #2.  
Later that evening, we went to the Grapevine Mills Mall. We walked through a couple of toy stores, the kids went on the carousel and we got ice cream. 
The Lego store was a hit! A wall of legos in every color...
It was the hugest mall I've ever seen in my life! I struggled with all the walking. My body hurt everywhere. Josh was pushing Max in the stroller so Teeg wanted to be the one to help. He put my arm around him and kept making sure I was ok. What a guy! 

It was such a fun getaway...our last one as a family of five...and much needed! The kids are still talking about it. 

 The minute we got home, the kids rushed to their Star Wars Lego Christmas countdown. They had a few days to make up for. I loved that Camdyn kept her wolf ears on. 

1 comment:

Furniss Family said...

What a fun idea and memorable trip is sounds like!! What a fun surprise for the kids before the baby comes. Make me want to check out that Grapevine mall and aquarium, legoland, heard it's fun!! We have never been to a great Wolf Lodge, looks so fun!! Someday for our bucket list for sure :)