Teegan is obsessed with soccer and plays EVERYDAY at recess.
This was Camdyn's first season. She really seemed to enjoy it..especially in the beginning, towards the end she just sort of ran around with her team.
Favorite Camdyn story:
During a team huddle her class was brainstorming team names..the kids were hollering out lightning bolts, wolverines, etc. She raised her hand and I was so curious to hear her idea, "the crystals". I don't think she got the concept of a fierce name! Oh my we had a good laugh. That is just so Camdyn. I think they should have gone with that.
The kids usually had games on fields next to each other..so Josh would face one way and I did the other then we'd trade. It worked out quite well.
That one time Teeg got hit with the ball in between the legs and handled it like a champ!
(Photo above)
Oh this picture gets to me! These two. Max is sure loving his big sister lately. She knows the way to his heart with all of his silly little games. :)
And just for records sake..I really need to document the crazy life of being a mom of three littles. So for a couple of months, it felt like we were living at this park..between soccer practices (both were on different evenings) and games on Saturday mornings. One week was exceptionally madness! So I dropped Camdyn off with her team for practice and then I took Teegan to the church for scouts, then Max I head back to the soccer field. After practice was over I told Camdyn we could play on the playground for awhile. After about 5 minutes of playing..it hit me! I really had to use the bathroom immediately..if ya know what I mean! I grabbed Max from playing which he wasn't thrilled about and we made it to the nearest bathroom. As we walked in I noticed there were no stall doors. Kill me know! The other bathroom was across the field. So we ran over as quickly as possible without me dying..which I really thought I would. It was a horrible experience and let's just say Max ended up coming in the stall with me!
Fast forward a few nights later.. Teegan had a make up game and Josh couldn't make it, so I was going solo. To make a long story short..I lost my keys and had to retrace my footsteps..finally found them. Phew! Camdyn made some cute little friends and they played in the baseball diamond. They ended up throwing the dirt around so she had a scalp full of red dirt! And I had just washed her hair before the game because I new we would be having a late night. I was not a happy mama! Then when the game was over we were walking to the very dark dirt parking lot. There was a huge sloppy mud puddle that I stepped in..of course! Not only that but I was holding two camp chairs, my purse, and Max who was holding a dvd player!! I just did my very best to stay standing. I hollered to the other kids to stay away and walk around. They thought it was the funniest thing ever! I ended up ditching my flip flops and leaving them in the mess..they were stuck! When I got to the car I had to use a million baby wipes and drove home barefoot. When we got home I crawled through the door and looked like a train wreck! It was an awful, horrible bad luck kind of a week and I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry about it!
Bottom line...sports are fun, but they are a lot of work and take up a lot of time. I'm not going to lie, I was happy when soccer season was over! :)
The important part is that the kids loved it and that makes it all worth it...i think.




No comments:
Post a Comment