Monday, January 26, 2015

Enjoying the little Things

October 2014:
The other day I read something along the lines of...
enjoy the little things, someday you'll look back and realize they were really the big things. 

I completely agree! Sometimes I go through the motions of everyday, feeling like I am living the same day over and over again. This made me think about how important those little things are. It's listening to Teegan whisper a church song in bed, Camdyn pulling up a chair while I'm in the kitchen offering to help, Max with his tight hugs around my legs, and Josh doing the dishes without me even asking when I know he's had a long day at work. These are the things that I will remember the most. This is what fills my heart with gratitude. 
Camdyn was very happy that I brought her a sprinkled donut for our lunch date at school. Her face says it all!
 Accidental twinners ready to go to school..
I LOVE the view I get out my rear view mirrors when the windows are down..enjoying the warmth. Those sweet little hands! (Not really in love with the smudges all over the window though.)
Digging up dino bones. This kid likes the sand a little too much!

Killing time on the swings while Teeg is at running club.
Fighting the dark side in the living room!
Since watching all the Star Wars movies, the kids love playing with their light sabers. 

Because of the 20 minute drive to church and having afternoon meetings, Max passes out for all of sacrament meeting. It's dreamy! (Camdyn's a faker.)
Teeg's bed is usually the hang out place at night.
Dad was spying on the girls on the trampoline..
 And this is what happens when you don't wear bug spray in Texas! It gets bad in the evenings. Poor Max. He paid for my lack of preparedness. We were at the church for scouts and were getting eatin' alive. We went and sat in the car waiting for Teegan to finish. Now I know better. 

No comments: