8.26.13
And so it begins.
These two have talked about this day for a very long time! They are excited to go to the same school this year. I have a big second grader and kindergartener. I may have had sympathy butterflies for them that morning. :) Camdyn insisted on the cheetah dress (I lost that battle). She knew just what she wanted on her special day.
Max could even sense all the excitement.
..And now Camdyn's turn. She has afternoon Kindergarten (which kind of threw my plan off for the year..but oh well.) She was so pleased to be a big kid. She had us crackin' up one night when she was practicing her teacher's name over and over in bed..and in a goofy voice. (It is a tricky name.) Oh I can't believe this day has come.
The other day she told me that she won't go to college. She'll just stay close to me and have a baby. Yikes. I told her how about college first and ...assuming she's already married.. then a baby. Do kids really think about their life plan in kindergarten? She then told me when she grows up and moves out of our house I have to give her my phone number, so she can call me in case we ever decide to move, then she will know. Oh Camdyn..you are a funny one. 

Seeing her cute handwriting on her papers makes me happy.
Love the family picture. You can always tell which one she is by the hair.
On the first day..they never get off the bus. I wasn't standing right on the corner..because I was dealing with Max. I get that we are new to the area and they may have been unsure..but really?! This happened to Teegan last year. Luckily the bus driver called me, and dropped them back off.
And just this week..Teegan missed the bus coming home. I promise this doesn't happen often. Thank goodness! Camdyn came home in tears so worried about her brother. We went to the school to pick him up and as we were walking out of the building...Teegan and Camdyn were holding hands.
Teeg explained that he was so worried about Camdyn because he always helps her at the bus stop. (He was on the verge of tears..I could tell.) A faculty member was walking out by us and overheard the conversation. She said, "gosh..they are lucky to have each other."
It was pretty sweet. Both were concerned about the other. Oh my..what a day for them.
Waiting for the bus in the morning..
I sure do love my alone time with Max..and especially because he still naps for two hours. Yay!
I love when these kids hop off the bus and they both have very important stories to tell. We have to take turns because I can't hear it all at once.
I love that the school encourages physical activity. "Pacers" is a big deal and the kids are rewarded by doing laps at recess. It took me a little while to realize that when Teeg was waking up every morning with achy legs..it has been due to pacers. I enjoyed watching him limp/run to the bus when it pulled up. I told him to take it easy and maybe only do a couple of laps for his legs to recover..but then he comes home and proudly announces.."6 laps today!"
I love that when I drop Camdyn off in the afternoon in the carpool lane. She turns to wave at me over and over and blows me plenty of kisses with her braid swinging back and forth and her backpack that is as big as her. Highlight of my day!








1 comment:
Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast! Hope they both have a great year at school:)
Post a Comment