8.26.13
The kids were excited to celebrate going back to school.
We had a school themed dinner, a story, and family home evening.
On the menu: homemade mac-n-cheese, green beans, rolls, watermelon, and root beer.
We took the kids measurements...a new tradition in the Miles household. I'm just crossing my fingers Teegan doesn't get too obsessed with this..hoping that he will see major growth next year.
Max thought this was torture!
Read Oh the Places You Will Go..
Afterwards, Josh gave both of the kids a father's blessing.
They were beautiful and so sweet. I got emotional and when Camdyn was finished, she sat on my lap and said.."It's ok mom..I know you'll miss me."
A couple of nights before school started...I insisted that we have a slumber party in our bedroom.
I couldn't help but stare at their cute sleeping faces for a little while.
It's funny..before any kind of change comes, I feel myself wanting to cling onto these little ones, but believe me no one was more ready for school to start then me. The kids spent too much time bickering and fighting..that some separation was much needed.






No comments:
Post a Comment