Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mom's 50th Birthday!

We felt so lucky to be able to celebrate mom's birthday at Josh's family's cabin. It was a hassel getting there..because of conflicting schedules..and it was an even bigger hassel leaving. Our last night there it dropped to 34 below and the next morning their car would not start. We had really hoped we would be stuck there for days. Anyway, the one whole day we spent there was a lot of fun and well worth the work. We went sledding, played games, took family pictures and best of all we threw an extra special birthday party for mom! I think she was happy. :) 

For her gift, I we made her a video. Grandma sent me tons of photos from her childhood..many which she had never seen. We made our own music video for her to one of her favorite Keith Urban songs Days Go By..the boys really had fun with that. :) Then we all made her a video message..along with her parents, siblings, and even her co workers. I don't know who was more excited about it..her or us? It seriously felt like Christmas all over again. I loved watching her reactions to it all. She cried..and laughed through it all. It was perfect. We love her very much!
Doggy pile...not a good idea with a 50 year old lady! ;)
Our homemade photo booth..
Opening presents..
 
It sure was cold..check out Landon's frozen eyelashes..
Teegan was a crack up. He loved going off the jump they built. 
There is nothing more beautiful than Island Park in the winter. I just wished it felt pleasant. 

No comments: