The day before Christmas Eve:
For my parent's Christmas gift this year we wanted to do something different. Something they desperately needed. We converted their cleaning closet in the kitchen..into a pantry.
This was a tricky surprise..they obviously knew something was up. They were so nice to let us kick them out of the house two evening in a row for a few hours..especially at such a busy time.
So we hustled and painted..which was quite an experience with Brianne as we were both shoved up in the closet (not to mention her dorito breath), we put up the patterned vinyl, and then Josh and Landon put up the new shelves. Landon's job, working at a cabinet shop, really came in handy! I forgot to get a before and after shot, but boy was it a beauty. I want the exact same pantry in my future. :)

That night some "ninja elves" (as they called themselves) delivered this amazing train table and left it on the front porch. Max was one of the first ones to the door. When he saw it he was squealing with excitement. It even lights up and makes noises. The boys had a lot of fun playing with it.
{Someone in my mom's ward posted this for a whopping $40..what a steal!)

For my parent's Christmas gift this year we wanted to do something different. Something they desperately needed. We converted their cleaning closet in the kitchen..into a pantry.
This was a tricky surprise..they obviously knew something was up. They were so nice to let us kick them out of the house two evening in a row for a few hours..especially at such a busy time.
So we hustled and painted..which was quite an experience with Brianne as we were both shoved up in the closet (not to mention her dorito breath), we put up the patterned vinyl, and then Josh and Landon put up the new shelves. Landon's job, working at a cabinet shop, really came in handy! I forgot to get a before and after shot, but boy was it a beauty. I want the exact same pantry in my future. :)

That night some "ninja elves" (as they called themselves) delivered this amazing train table and left it on the front porch. Max was one of the first ones to the door. When he saw it he was squealing with excitement. It even lights up and makes noises. The boys had a lot of fun playing with it.
{Someone in my mom's ward posted this for a whopping $40..what a steal!)
Now onto Christmas eve..decorating sugar cookies.
We had to do all the fun stuff without dad this year because he looked like this..
He woke up asking if his lip was big and I couldn't help but laugh...it was enormous!
He has been having allergic reactions on and off the last month, but on Christmas Eve he was really suffering. Thank goodness for Benadryl, it caused him to sleep the day away.
Last one at the table..feeding this teething boy ice chips.
Christmas jammies..
Camdyn & Toby the elf.


The kid's pile up. Love these shots!
The adult pile up. Man..i do my best not to panic too much!
This year I think someone hit the tree when they toppled off.
Since Teegan was feverish he wasn't really feeling excited about it all..except for when it was time to set his reindeer treat out on the porch. At school the kids made this which had a certain amount of granola, raisins, nuts, m&ms, etc. and he brought it home from school with a note of directions of what to do with it. He was thrilled that the reindeer would get something extra special from him.
Funny story: So as he and I were setting the note and treat out on the porch, I heard some jingle bells. I told Teeg Santa must be close, then as we looked up we saw Santa walking into the house across the street. I hollered.."oh there he is!" I turned to see Teeg's reaction, but he was gone! I went downstairs and found him in his sleeping bag. It was so funny! I couldn't convince him to come do the fun traditional things..setting out cookies and milk and writing a letter to Santa. He was just too worried that Santa would skip our house if we weren't asleep..since he was a few houses away and all!




3 comments:
I haven't been blogging for months with all the holidays and being overwhelmed with three kids! BUT now that everything has calmed down I am getting caught up... so I had fun reading your blog and catching up!! Can't believe how big Max is, I know everyone says it and it's so cliche but seriously!!!!! I love all the pics of your new years eve looks like so much fun. I'm so bad I didn't take ANY! What the heck is my problem!! I love the reindeer food idea that is a good one!!! Okay so I have to ask, I was reading about how you went and visited Gramma Davis and you said something like, 'it's great to visit family, especially since we won't live close for too much longer.' okay something like that! Anyways, where are you going and how much longer are you gonna be around?! I'm getting cabin fever here in this rainy town I was thinking it would be fun to visit you guys... wondering how much longer I have before you leave again!!!
Anyways, CUTE KIDS!!!!!! Love you, miss you!!!
-Ashley
p.s. I'm dying over how cute Toby was in the Elf costume!!!!!!!..... oh and Josh's lip oh my gosh!!
Darling pictures! It looks like you had a fun Christmas. Loved the story about Teegan and Santa. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment