Monday, October 24, 2011

Spooky Stuff

I love everything about October...but what really makes it so fun is these guys! They get so excited with all the spooky stuff. The other day they ate some chocolate mummies. They thought it was especially fun to bite off the head. :) 

Teegan got sick and had to stay home from school. He was devastated. Once I told him we could decorate our house scary, he perked right up. But pumpkins, skulls, and potion bottles weren't enough. He decided we needed bats. So we came up with the idea of hanging them above their beds...girl bats on Camdyn's side and boy bats on Teeg's..because yes that matters! 
The kids even drew faces on them & Camdyn named hers. Apparently they were a little too spooky for Teeg because one night he had me take them down..i don't think he liked that they had faces (but changed his mind the next morning & wanted them to stay up). 
We painted rocks & made some spiders..but don't worry, i've been assured that they are nice.
Max sporting his skull shirt..
I made the mistake of taking the kids into a halloween store. I was just looking for an accessory for Teeg's costume & had no idea what we were getting into. There were creepy dolls, a giant jumping spider (which they loved), mummies, monsters, fog, etc. etc. They were very brave and fascinated by it all. Teegan thought it was cool..Camdyn was quiet. When we walked out the door, Teeg threw his arms in the air and hollered out, "That was the craziest store ever!" 

They love reading their halloween books every night. We have quite the collection thanks to my mom & dad's fun halloween packages. 


Last but not least...for our anniversary this year Josh surprised me with tickets to Wicked. Best surprise ever! We had great seats and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be. Never wanted it to end..

5 comments:

Brandi said...

So cute. LOVE wicked!!!

Fisher Family said...

Looks like you have been having lots of spooky fun! We loved Wicked. Wish I could see it again! Happy Halloween to your cute family!

Rucker Family said...

Love all the spookiness! :)

Marci*Jake said...

I love all the pics! Whit would have loved to hang bats up, what a cute idea, we'll have to do that next year but it would probably scare Whit too.

Grandma and Papa said...

Your kids are so creative. I love that Teegan thought of the bats, then got a little scared of them. Things never look the same in the darkness of a bedroom. I totally remember the clothes on hangers that my mom would hang on my closet door sometimes, when I was little. At night, I was sure they were someone watching me. They look like they are having so much fun. I can't wait to see Halloween night photos.