Sunday, October 2, 2011

Goodbye Summer!

We made our first and last trip to Virginia beach this summer..boo!
It was such a beautiful day and not too crowded. We went with the Shafers too..it wouldn't be the same without them. 
I bought some new beach toys & a kite..but the kids could care less. The only thing they wanted to do was play in the waves. It was difficult to even pull them out to eat lunch. They were in heaven. This time around..they were more brave than ever! Which kept us on our toes. They wanted to go deeper and deeper and would get pummeled by the waves...but they got right back up and wanted more.  

I have a million pictures of these two at the beach..since being here in Virginia..but how can I resist when they are this happy?!







Teegan even gave body boarding a shot...

Josh & Doug were invited by some high school kids to play football & they thought they were the real deal. :) It was entertaining. 

This was Max's first time to see the Atlantic Ocean. :)
I'm pretty sure he liked it..
He enjoyed getting his tootsies wet. 

..until dad wasn't paying attention and a wave got him wet & scared him!
Good thing Max is very forgiving.

Me & Josh...Doug & Jackie

Before we left, I really wanted to go on a family bike ride. It was so much fun...
sunset, breezy, happy kids, and snoozing baby. It was a good work out for us too!
Josh was so sweet..he missed most of the byu game for this. Talk about putting family first. :)


Now time for fall...I'm happy about that.

3 comments:

The Fox Family said...

I love how into the beach your kids are! that makes it so fun! And I love that you even got in to buggy board! sweet!

K. Bitton said...

What an awesome hubby to miss the BYU game! ;) I miss you guys terribly! I can't believe it's been so long. Our kids are so much older now. Teegan and Camdyn are adorable and I still can't get enough of Camdyn's hair. You are looking wonderful! Hope you guys have a great week.

Grandma and Papa said...

What a blast! It looks like the perfect fun. Favorite pics; Camdyn getting swallowed by the bubbly surf, Josh struttin’ his stuff with the football, Max screaming while Dad's laughing, and the pièce de résistance…Teeg's butt shot. (You’ll hear about that one from him for years to come.)