Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Harvest Festival...

..is what we had been looking forward to for weeks. {or as Camdyn called it the "harvest vegetable"}
First up was the pony rides. Camdyn requested the pink pony, but once she realized that wasn't an option, she was just fine with the brown one. 




Teegan looking like he's ready to start racing..
I kept my distance because the horse was spraying..if you know what i mean..and it was very windy. It was risky!

The kids had a lot of fun with all sorts of activities: face painting, decorating mini pumpkins, a relay race..holding a pumpkin on a wooden spoon, the hay maze, and petting zoo. They were even going to give tethered hot air balloon rides..which would have been awesome, but it was unfortunately too windy.  Which really is a bummer cause it's never very windy here.






slow-n-steady
oh that hair..
Max was hilarious to watch in the wind, not only because he squeals..but watching the hair was crackin' us up! That hair is so long and Josh thinks we will never cut it. We'll see about that.


They could have spent hours in the corn pit. I must say I was a little tempted to jump in.

3 comments:

Matt and Ness said...

I am in love with that boy's hair! Not only the amount, but the color! Too too cute.

Ashley May said...

Oh my goodness I want more pictures of Max. HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!! This looks like the best fall vegetable ever! That corn pit looks fun I want to jump in with you guys!! I miss you!

-Ashley :)

Grandma and Papa said...

Why or why are we living so far away? I would have loved watching our beatiful grandkids enjoying everything at the festival. And of course, the gorgeous colors of fall in Virginia. Nothing quite measures up to the east coast colors. I'm so glad there are tons of fun things for y'all to do back there. Brit, you're a master at seeking them out, too. What a great mom and dad you both are.