Monday, October 17, 2011

apples to apples

10.1.11
One Saturday afternoon, after Teegan's soccer game, we made a quick trip to Carter mountain to pick some apples. It is the best place to be in the fall. It was slim pickins'.. we were apparently a little too late in the season. Josh climbed some trees to get us a few good ones though.
The apple cider doughnuts were delish!
The view isn't bad either...
The excitement of it all was exhausting for max. :)
Of course they made friends with a gigantic dog..
I thought it would be a fun activity to make caramel apples that next day..in between conference sessions, but it was a flop! I about died laughing..watching Josh try to eat that chewy caramel.

5 comments:

K. Bitton said...

fun! You guys are sure making the most of your time out there! It seems like you are always finding cool and fun things to do. It's been ages since we've seen you guys, I hope we get to see you soon. We sure miss and love your family! Max is darling and getting so big. Time goes by too fast.

Fisher Family said...

Darling pictures! You are always doing something fun. Your baby is sure growing, what a cutie!

the Murphys said...

Can I just tell you how we are counting the days until you come for Christmas!! I can't believe how big Max is. I just want to squeeze him! :)

Grandma and Papa said...

It looks like it was a fabulous day! Fall is my favorite season, especially in the East! I'm so happy y'all are immersed in the many flavors of the East Coast! By the way, hard to eat caramel apples are part of the fun! I guess that’s why they make the stuff in a tub now. But personally, I loved trying to get my mouth around one and getting sticky all over!

Dallings said...

Can you guys get any cuter! That is definetly your happy spot. We love seeing those smiles. Max's raccoon pictures are darling.