Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saved!

Well there is an explanation for my lack of posts... our computer crashed! I know, huge tragedy.
 Here's the story...about a month ago Josh had the thought that we should get another external hard drive to back everything up. He ordered one from amazon and we waited & waited and it never showed up. It somehow got lost in the mail. In the meantime...our computer crashed!! We were shocked, because when we ordered the hard drive our computer was doing just fine.

I did my very best to not freak out..considering pictures of our kids whole lives were saved on that computer! Only some of the pictures were already backed up..all of Max's pictures would have been lost including his birth video that we downloaded! I was sick about the whole situation. It was the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep and the first thing I thought of when I woke up. I prayed and prayed that those pictures would be saved. I didn't care how much it would cost to repair the computer..I just wanted those thousands of pictures that are priceless.

After it had been in the shop a couple of days, we had learned it was a software problem..or so they thought. We got it home set it up & that night Josh went and bought a hard drive..forget amazon! We quickly learned that the computer was still not fixed..it was super slow. We would download pictures here and there & it would crash..and we downloaded some more & it would crash...this was happening repeatedly. When we finally downloaded EVERY last picture and video...it crashed for good and would not turn back on. I couldn't believe it. My prayers were answered...what a tender mercy.

While I was waiting to hear our fate,  I was grateful for the blog...at least I knew I would have all those pictures. We really were so foolish to not have everything backed up all along. Thank goodness for second chances!!

4 comments:

Fisher Family said...

How frustrating! Glad you got that second chance. Pitures of your kids are priceless!

Hksedwick said...

WOW...I am going to go get an external hard-drive TONIGHT and back up my pictures.

I love that prayer story. It is awesome and it will make a great primary lesson!!

Jackie said...

Ahh! How heartbreaking. But what a great answer to prayer.

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I knew something had to of happened!! I had been waiting and waiting. That is so scary. I am glad you saved all of your pictures!!