Saturday, July 2, 2011

The past couple weeks..


I'm happy to say that we are surviving, thanks to all the help! Having three little ones is an adjustment.
My sister, Brylee was on a school trip in the D.C. area, and was scheduled to fly home the day we got home from the hospital. Fortunately my mom made some phone calls and got her flight changed to fly out a couple of weeks later. Josh went to pick her up & brought her back to us. We didn't even tell Teegan or Camdyn that she was coming. When she walked into the room, they looked shocked! They were so happy. Teeg hugged Brylee for what seemed like minutes. 
I loved every moment of having my mom here! There's something so comforting knowing she's around to keep me on track...like the morning she reminded me of Max's Dr. appointment that I had missed..I had slept in. Oops.
She really did spoil us. It was like Christmas morning when the kids woke up to presents (wrapped and all..dad's request.), she cooked us yummy meals, took the kids swimming, painted our nails...including mine while I was feeding  Max, made a car seat cover & a blanket...and on top of it all she and Brylee went birthday shopping and threw us a surprise birthday party! Whew. We kept her busy..but so appreciated everything. She made us feel special!


Max loves his new blankie..
Teegan & Camdyn were at nana's side most of the week..




Our surprise party..
I love our new Rachel Ray pots & pans.



Brylee decorated the smiley face brownies for the kiddos.

Camdyn & Teegan are big helpers. They are always interested in what Max is doing.
Brylee was here for Camdyn's first day of dance class...
Brylee & I enjoyed our walk at night..searching for fireflies. 
She is my youngest sis. We're 13 years apart..and i'm pretty sure she is more responsible than I am. One afternoon I jumped in the shower..and she was watching the kids, Max started fussing..so she took care of him & ate lunch all at the same time. I would like for her to move in with us! :)
She stayed an extra week after my mom left. I was so glad to have her..she was so helpful with going to dr's appointments with me, playing with the kids, bathing them and getting them ready for bed.

No comments: