Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mother Son Date

In February, Teegan and I had a special date planned with our friends Emily and her son Preston. The county put on a formal mother, son date complete with a craft...tissue paper flowers the boys made for us, dancing..to songs like "Who let the Dog's Out?" fun for the boys, and dinner...Mac-n-chesse and chicken nuggets for the kids and veggies and chicken for the moms. 

It was such a fun night with my little man! 
When Emily knocked on the door, Teeg answered all ready to go and said, "I'm goin out on a date!" 
On our way there, we may have gotten a little lost and Teeg fell asleep. Can't say I've ever had my date do that before. :) But once we got there he perked right up.
He had NO reservations on the dance floor..even though there were only a few of us. He must get his moves from his dad because they were hilarious! The best part was, I don't think he was even trying to be funny.
There's nothing like a big prego lady on the dance floor!

Emily's date didn't want to dance..or talk. :) But once he had some mac-n-cheese, he was a happy boy!

8 comments:

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest thing!! That looks like a mini Josh on the dance floor.

Jackie said...

What a cute idea! I'm so glad you got asked out by a guy that can move. What luck. :)

The Fox Family said...

ahh! so cute! haha poor Emily...Preston was a dud of a date! ;)

The Brendles said...

What a cute idea!! You look adorable pregnant btw! Hope you are feeling well! Teagan looks like a pretty good dancer :)

Katie said...

That is so stinking cute. Man, Teagan needs to teach me some of his moves!

Katie said...

Oops, I meant TeEgan.

Ashley May said...

Well aren't you just looking ADORABLE!! I forgot you were pregnant for a minute. Your date was pretty stinkin adorable too. Looks like a fun night!!

Emily said...

I can't believe I was eating that chicken to prove I was not snobby. I should have looked at your plate sooner. Gag! Fun night!