On our To Do list while in SC, was to spot an alligator..or two. :) Before we even came I told the kids that we would be seeing alligators..real smart! When we were reading reviews for the beach house, people had said they had spotted alligators in the lagoon in the backyard..so at night when we were soakin' in the hot tub & would hear noises..I immediately assumed it was a croc coming to eat us! ;) But we hadn't seen anything...so we were on a mission to find one & hopefully from a distance!
We went to Pinckney Island animal refuge with the Shafer & Dalling family. It was a nice trail & the kids were up for an adventure.
I was taking a picture of the swamp..just because it looked cool. I zoomed in & jumped when I saw this alligator just chillin'. Josh & the kids were ahead of me, so I called them back to come see what we had been searching for.
The boys were curious & wanted to see if they could get the alligator to move. Let's just say they were successful..sort of.
Doug a.k.a Tarzan swinging from the vines..
Doug a.k.a Tarzan swinging from the vines..
Teeg got bit by a red ant & was distraught. Oh man..it was dangerous out there! :)
Love this picture..they look like wild monkeys out there.
This is what they were collecting.. We also spotted a lot of itty bitty crabs.
They were creepy..a little too spider-like!
Camdyn was always a few steps behind the group. She had her hands in her pocket & wanted to go at her own pace.






3 comments:
Looks like it was a fun trip, looks like a neat area :) Glad you all had a great time.
FUN!!! Crocs...I wouldn't have even thought about that. Camdyn is so dang cute! I love it when little kids walk with their hand in their pockets. So I can't remember when you are due...can I get a little pregnancy update?? You look amazing and I am impressed with all that you are doing while you are nearing the end of your pregnancy, what a trooper!
You are brave looking for crocs!! I love the picture of Teeg after being bit by a red ant haha
Post a Comment