Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Break..

Part 1: We woke up at 4:30 a.m. to catch our flight out of Richmond. So anxious to go home! When we woke the kids they pretty much jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs. I love that excited feeling you get when you've been anticipating something for so long...obviously the kids felt it too.
We were so lucky to fly with the Hutchison family & Brian Hone..also dental students. 
I'm pretty sure they helped us way more than we helped them.
We stayed at Scott & Becky's home {Josh's sister} for a couple of nights before continuing on the journey. On Sunday we went to visit grandma & grandpa Hirschi..just like old times. Brianne also traveled from Provo to come have dinner with us. It was a feast! 
For Christmas we made them (& everyone else) a video of their life history. I am so grateful for the time Josh put into it. He's got talent. 
It was so fun to watch with them. Grandpa kept saying, "Do I really sound like that?" "Did I say that?" It was too funny. What amazing people they are.
We then headed to Temple Square to see the lights with Brianne, and Scott & Becky and their family.
When we approached the nativity Teegan reminded us to be quiet because baby Jesus was sleeping. :)
Camdyn with Aunt Brianny-fanny!

Monday morning..we went to Gardner village. Becky printed off some scavenger hunt maps and the kids had to find specific elves. It was a big hit. They loved it.
Teeg & Camdyn with cousins..Ella, Cade, & Cole
Funny Story: The first morning we were there, Teegan was soakin' in the tub and Cade came in Jibber-jabbering (and boy does he ever)  and Teegan looked at him & said in amazement, "I didn't know you know spanish!!"

Onto Idaho..
Gosh it was good to be home again. It had been a year since we were there last. And since..I had grown a baby bump that I was excited to show off. So I took off my jacket..expecting instant comments. Nope..nada.
So I had Teegan make the announcement. They all said they could tell but no one dared be the first to speak up. Ha! Mom had found out the news just a few hours before.

The only one to speak up was Brianne. When we were with her in Salt Lake & she first noticed it, she grabbed my arm and said, "What is that?" When I asked her what if it wasn't a baby..her response was, "I'm your sister..you'd forgive me."

Nana & Camdyn making cupcakes..
Teeg is obsessed with the Wii..and that's all he wanted to do.
Lexie & I were wrapping queens. We did it once during the day which was very tricky. So we had a code.."Santa's got a brand new bag!" we used if kids were coming. Dad struggled with it..kept getting it mixed up. :) We were on edge, but it made for a funny experience!
Camdyn wanted to help take the dog for a walk..
and dad snow-plowing like many mornings.
I think it's safe to say..they love the dog..just a little.
We had our Christmas gift exchange with grandma Susan (Josh's mom).
They were very excited about the bubble bath.
One night Brylee had an orchestra concert and afterwards..at about 8:30..we went out for dinner to Texas Roadhouse. We may have had to take the dvd player & had Camdyn watch the Grinch while she was eating, so we could enjoy the meal.
The fam before church
To be continued..

5 comments:

Fisher Family said...

It looked like you had a wonderful Christmas vacation! It's always nice to be with family at Christmas time.

The Sherman's said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go home for Christmas! Looks like it was a fabulous trip! And it's so nice to fly with others, that happened once for us and it was the best!

K. Bitton said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! You are gorgeous brit!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas vacation but very sad that I didn't get to see you. I need to give you my number for next time you come visit. Living in Salt Lake there were a few places I could have met you on your travels. And oh heck what an adorable picture of Camdyn and Grandpa! Not gonna lie, I gotta little teary eyed.

Mike and Kaci said...

Cute pictures! What kind of dog is that? It is awesome looking!