Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Breaking the News..

The day before Thanksgiving we decided it was time to tell the kids about our "family secret"...that we are having a baby. Although we knew once we told them it wouldn't be much of a secret anymore.  We were so excited to tell them!

We wrapped a present for both of them and told them that these were clues to the secret/surprise we wanted to tell them. The clues were a tiny baby doll & a baby toy. Teegan kept saying, "It's a butterfly"..very confused and couldn't get over the fact.
Finally, with some help, Teegan figured it out. "We're having a baby?"
 Camdyn just stared at me and said, "Nooo.." It was hilarious!

She put the baby doll under her shirt. She wanted a baby in her tummy too.
We got the kids reactions on video and I'm so glad that we did! There were definitely some funny moments. :) They were very happy about the surprise.

I'm due June 27th..
Teeg wants a boy and Camdyn wants a girl. Go figure!

8 comments:

Furniss Family said...

That is such a cute little story :) What cute little kiddo's you have.

Alicia said...

Awww. I'm sure Camdyn will be excited once he/she gets here. Or jealous. Haha. Congrats!

The Fox Family said...

You look GORGEOUS in that picture...im telling you pregnancy glow looks good on you! That last picture cracks me up...it's like Josh is trying to muster out a "YAY!" but is not that thrilled (at the moment)

Unknown said...

Yay congrats!!!! Ok I just have to say that I have had 2 kidney stones in the last 3 weeks!!! The doctors said it's very normal during the second trimester! Ahhhg! PAINFUL! Poor Josh too, that's always scary for dental guys to hurt/break something. :)

Fisher Family said...

Cute way to tell your kids! Congratulations we are very happy for you!

Chelsey said...

Your kids are so funny...you should post that video. We are SO, SO excited for you! Can't wait to find out if Teeg or Camdyn gets their wish for a boy or a girl!

Jenna said...

what a cute way to get big brother and sister involved. i'm sure they will be great little helpers come june. congrats again!

Aly said...

I love the present idea! Congrats and I can't wait to actually see you in person to talk about it. Its been forever!