Back in April, our county's recreation department was offering a day trip to Montpelier & Monticello..homes of Presidents James Madison and Thomas Jefferson. So a group of us girls took the day off from ALL responsibilities at home and enjoyed learning about our early presidents. It was a much needed break. Josh is so wonderful & happy to help. As I was headed out the door early that morning he said to me, "Umm..am I expected to do Camdyn's hair?" He had no idea how to tame the fro, but I must say he did a pretty good job!
Montpelier:
When we first got there, we sat down and watched a video. James Madison was born and died in this home. The home was still being restored so it was mostly empty but it was interesting to see the process.
The gang:
Marci, Lissa, Nicole, Emily, me, Christen
Just reading up with the Madisons..
We then headed to Michie Tavern where we had a delicious lunch..all you can eat buffet. It doesn't get much better than that! Inside you totally feel like your living in that time period.Most people in our tour group were senior citizens & we were always the hold up.. between pictures & pumping :) & exploring. They probably hated us.
Monticello:
I am so in love with this tree! The branches go all the way down to the ground.
The tulips were in full bloom.
Emily trying to be the navigator. :)
Lissa & Christen and "the pose".
Their husbands are graduating & they are leaving us next week. :(
I'm not happy about it!
A peaceful walk in nature..children free. It felt so quiet.
In the gift shop, we tried on just about every colonial hat we could find. I felt 15 all over again. It was so fun!
In the first picture I was worried I had an over-sized head. Turns out I just grabbed a xs size. phew!
I loved this day. It was such a great experience that I got to share with such fun girls! It was so great to be able to take everything in .
These presidents were very educated, hard working, religious, and admirable men.
God bless America. :)









4 comments:
okay! I feel like Emily...there are a few pictures on here of me that I VETO!!! NO WAY! Get them off. My butt is huge!!!!
How fun!! I am jealous that you get to do fun things like that!! and sure blame it on the hat size!!
What a fun day for you and your friends! Our oldest daughter served a mission in Virginia so after she came home we all went back to Virginia and she showed us around. We visited Monticello and it was very impressive and beautiful. I love all the historical things there. (We even ate at the same place you had lunch)
Such a fun day with fun girls! Definitely one of the many awesome memories I am walking away with ... now I'm crying ...
Post a Comment