Monday, April 5, 2010

Monument 10K
A couple of weeks ago Josh & I ran the Monument Avenue 10k.
My goal: Not want to chop off my legs by the end!
When we finally parked and got to the starting line, we had about 1 minute to stretch...and go to the bathroom. I was successful at neither. I held it the whole 6.2 miles because I didn't want to stop...and could sense Josh didn't want me to either. :)
It was so much fun! I love the crowds & all the excitement. There were 37,300 runners! That is a whole lot of people on one street!
This year was SO much better than last. We were feeling good, ran at a slow pace, but didn't stop. Josh stuck back with me and sprinted at the very end. 
His time: 1:04:57
My time: 1:04:57
Pictured below: The costume contest winner..squirrel with a giant acorn dangling in front of him. Clever.
Thank you Jackie for being the cheerleader & photographer.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Wow very impressive! Way to go both of you!

Nanette Hirschi said...

I am so proud of your accomplishment!! Britt...I don't know how you ran the whole way without stopping...and so sweet of Josh to stay with you:)