Sunday, March 28, 2010

3.24.10
This was a day I looked forward to/dreaded ever since this little boy was born! What can I say, i'm selfish..i want him all to myself. He was beyond excited to go to school and have his own time away. As he was getting dressed he was reciting the alphabet almost proving that he was ready. 
This preschool is held at the rec center and you can only register for 2 months at a time..this is why his first day is in the spring. It is extremely difficult to get into. A couple of months ago Josh had to stand outside at 4:00 a.m., along with the other anxious parents  and waited for the doors to open at 8:00 a.m. to register. What a good dad he is! 

I thought i would shed a tear or two when dropping him off, {Josh was sure of it} but he was kind of a grump which made it a bit easier. :) Even though I knew I would miss him for those 2 1/2 hours...I looked forward to my one-on-one time with Camdyn. 

Goodbye hugs..
Camdyn missed him too. When we were home, she went into his room, calling his name looking for him. I love how much she adores her big brother.
He is so proud to be a big boy and that he now gets to go to school. He pointed out at dinner that night that the boys (dad & Teeg) go to school and the girls stay home.

7 comments:

Cami said...

What an exciting day! Glad there weren't too many tears shed. He sure looks cute with his backpack on!

Nanette Hirschi said...

I know for a fact that I have the cutest grandkids!! And yes I love the over-the-shoulder shot:--) Had to show it to Landon! Tell Josh I am very impressed that he got up so early. What a great dad!!

Ashley May said...

He is the cutest preschooler ever! I love the cute picture of them hugging!!!!!!

Amber said...

I don't think I've ever seen a cuter preschooler. He looks so excited! I love the goodbye hugs that's so cute!

The Fox Family said...

aww! This post almost made me cry! How crazy, first day of preschool! I don't want to think about Lucy leaving for Preschool! ahh! Teeg is sooo cute, I know why you miss looking at that cute face for a few hours each day! ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah Teegan! We are so excited for you and cannot wait to hear about all of your new adventures. Britt, get ready! He's so stinkin' cute all the little girls are going to be after him. :) P.S. This is going to post on mom's account but is from Becky.

Sara said...

Oh I love those pics pf your cute kids! I am kinda sad that Samantha can't be there with him:( Oh and i copied some of your list from SPring Break:)