Wednesday, July 23, 2008

~VirGinia BeAch~

Wow...I LOVE Virginia Beach!! Yesterday we went to the beach with our friends, Sky & Lauren. {They are also from Rexburg. Josh and Sky both got accepted to VCU for dental school. } We only live about 2 hours away and the drive is beautiful. For the first part of the day, it was unbelievebly HOT, but after a while it was overcast and there was a breeze, thank goodness! Anyway we had a blast. It was especially fun because it was Teegan & Camdyn's first time to the beach. They loved it. We can't wait for family to come and visit so that they can come with us!





Teeg was eating the sand...Yummy!


He didn't know what to think of the waves at first.





Camdyn seemed to like the feel of the sand in her toes. When the waves came, she would kind of gasp because she was surprised, but she actually liked it. The water felt good!


..Beach Babe..


Picking her nose and sucking on her fingers all at once. Now that's multi-tasking. :D






Teegan was hilarious! He was chasing the birds around with a handful of sand and he was trying to throw it on the seagulls. Of course the sand would just come back and hit him in the face. He had everyone around us watching him and laughing. Once he realized all the attention, he just started throwing the sand at himself. He got a kick out of himself. Funny little boy!




Covered in sand!



Dad trying to keep Teegan above the water. Nice work dad!


Teegan absolutely loved playing in the waves with dad. The water was splashing him in the face, yet he'd still get so excited when another wave was coming. He would laugh hysterically. It was so much fun to watch him. When we had to get out and dry off. He was very unhappy.



If you look closely, you can see Teegan all the way out there with Josh and Sky. Josh took him all the way out there when I wasn't paying attention. When I noticed he was out there, a huge wave came and almost knocked Josh over. If he would have gone under and brought Teegan down with him, he would be traumatized for life!

8 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I love the pictures--especially the one at the top of your blog. You guys always have great photographers...or maybe it's just that you're so photogenic. Hope your loving Virginia.

Rach said...

I'm glad that you guys made it to Virginia safe and sound. Looks like things are going well for you and that everything is falling into place. we wish the best for you! The beach looked way fun!

the Murphys said...

How fun! We can't wait to come and visit. I love the pictures of Teegan with all of the sand over him. And the one of Camdyn with her little hat on. I can't believe how big she is getting!

Ginger said...

That looks like so much fun!!! How close are you to the beach? That's awesome that Teegan transitioned to the big boy bed so well. We will be moving Hud to one in a couple months when he turns two--any pointers send our way!

Shelley said...

Why do you look so stinkin' cute in your swim suit? Not FAIR!! You just had a baby! ;) -Looks like a blast!

Michelle said...

What a fun day Brittany! You all look so cute! I'm jealous though- we live 2 hours from the beach also, but the beaches in WA and OR are freezing! Kyle and Mackenzie only got their feet wet when we went last month. Enjoy it while you can!

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

Good to see you guys are doing so well. I found you through Doug and lydia. Chance and I are in Georgia and we can't wait to take a trip up to VIrginia. We have actually thought of moving there! Your kids are adorable! Chance and I died laughing at the "multi-tasker!"

Unknown said...

that beach looks so awesome! Cade and I are planning (hopefully) a trip out there maybe next spring because thats when my brother (mark) graduates. we'll have to see you guys too