Friday, July 4, 2008

Goodbye Rexburg


We will be leaving at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for Richmond. I have so many mixed emotions. I am very excited for this new adventure and for all the changes that will be happening...but it is definately hard to say goodbye. We have made so many wonderful friends who have made a huge impact in our lives and for who I am very grateful for. Rexburg will always hold a special place in our hearts. This is where it all began for us. It is where Josh & I fell in love and started our family. There are so many wonderful memories here. But now it's time to leave and face the real world now...scary!

Of course it's hardest to say goodbye to my family!! My parents and Brylee & Landon left for Provo last night because they are going to Stadium of Fire for the 4th of July...so we had to say goodbye last night. It sure wasn't fun! :( Teegan just has no idea what is about to happen. After they left he ran to the window and was calling for Brybee and Landy...two of his favorite people! It broke my heart. I am so grateful for my wonderful family and that they are so involved in our lives. I love to watch them with Teegan & Camdyn. Teegan thinks the world of them! We will sure miss seeing them on a weekly basis. Sunday dinners just won't be the same. I feel so blessed to be a part of such an AMAZING family! We love and will miss all of you. (Thank goodness for webcams!)


8 comments:

the Murphys said...

I hate goodbyes! I thought it might not be quite as bad if I was really tired but even at 4am they are horrible. When Ella woke up this morning and I told her we needed to get ready to go, she said that she was going to stay there with Teegan. It was so sad and made me cry, again! But this is going to be such a great adventure for you guys and you are going to do so wonderful there. It was great to get to spend the
4th with you! Love you all!

Ginger said...

Good luck with the transition. post lots of pics--we want to see your new home! How exciting! Let us know when you guys come to visit and go see Grandma and Grandpa Hirschi so we can come meet you there!
Riley, Ginger and Hudson

Hilarie* said...

Well you'll have to make sure you keep in touch via the blog! K? Cuz we have made it this far with keep'n in touch... so lets keep it going! You were a great roommate, friend, and we love Josh just the same... plus now you have two totally cute kid-"O"s. We'll keep you posted on Masters programs and where we are headed in 2 years. Maybe we'll come be with you guys!!!

Kara said...

Good luck! We are actually leaving in two weeks for Tennessee and I am already getting nervous? Are you guys renting an apartment or a house? We are still trying to figure things out!

Ryan and Triana said...

I feel sad for you! It was hard for us to leave Rexburg. We wish you the best in Virginia. Hopefully Ryan will get accepted there. You have the cutest little family.

Nanette Hirschi said...

Did you have to make me cry again? That was the "suckiest goodbye ever in the history of goodbye's". Bry and I stopped crying sometime after Pocatello!! Our whole weekend was Landon and Bry saying, "What would Teegan think of that, or what would he say about this." It was so sad! We miss you guys so much already and it has only been a couple of days. How will we ever survive?! We love you tons!! Mom

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh Brittany, I cried when I read this. Saying goodbye is such a hard thing anyway and especially moving away from family! I cried again when I read your moms comment. Thanks a lot Nanette! :)
I hope things are going smoothly for you and your kids are doing okay with all the driving!

Grandma and Papa said...

It sounds like it was a little traumatic. Wish we could have been there, as always. Sometimes we seem to be a million miles away. It's nice to be able to see pictures of you all on your blog, though. We are already anxious to see you again. Love you all!