Saturday, June 6, 2015

Memorial Day

5.22-5.25
For Memorial Day weekend, we met up at Jelly stone Park, with the Seegmiller family and shared a cabin for a night. The weather wasn't the greatest. It was gloomy but at least it wasn't too hot! 
The kids spent a lot of time on "the blob". A giant air filled bubble thingy. The adults had fun too.
Catching frogs with flashlights and playing ladder golf in the dark. 
This is what kids dreams are made of!
This was our teensy tiny cabin that housed 4 adults and 7 kids. Josh and I slept on the pull out couch that took up most of the living room. We could barely fit Max in the pack and play next to us. The kids slept up in the loft..so it was practically like we were all in one room. It was fun...but I'm glad we only stayed one night. Needless to say, we got little sleep!
We made our way to Fredricksburg for lunch. I love this historical town! There are a lot of cutsie shops and fun places to eat. We wanted to try something new and went to a german restaurant. Thank goodness they had a good kid's menu...otherwise they would have been unhappy!

I wanted to stick with something familiar but Josh convinced me that I owed it to my german heritage to try the food! Gosh...how dare I not. It's not everyday you have a menu like this...
and it was actually pretty good too.
 We planned on stayed a night at the Seegmiller's home in Comanche...but ended up staying for two. Who wants the weekend to end? 
Camdyn and Brynlee snuggled their kittens like they were real babies. That's all Camdyn wanted to do! 

We went to a soda shop and got floats and then went to one of their friend's farm. (He is who they bought their dental practice from.) It was nice and quiet with wide open space. The kids loved chasing around the chickens and petting the horses. 
This little boy gives the BEST hugs! 
We took turns going for a ride and the kids fed the lamas and horses. They thought that was pretty cool. I loved watching their happy faces.
Max and Ernie aka "the cat killer". The kids were a little traumatized because we were there for an attack. Poor kitties. 

 Gary, the former practice owner, owns a plane. He and Josh already had a lot in common. That next morning the three of them went for a flight. It was cut short because of a storm rolling in. 

No comments: