Well here we are. New home, new territory to explore.
I love that when everything has seemingly changed that I have this little family of mine. What a sweet reassurance that is. This move has felt different to me. It feels more definite..which it may or may not be. With every other move, we knew that it was temporary. When we lived in Virginia...there was an ending date. We knew it would be 4 years and then we would move on.
Our future here and the timing of it all is unknown. I guess that's where faith comes in. We know this is where we are supposed to be now, so that's good enough.
We're adapting to the frontage roads, new critters, and the crazy heat! People keep telling us that it's been a mild summer. Boy is that hard to believe! We can't be outside for more than 10 minutes without feeling like we are melting. So we live in the pool.
The kids have become good little swimmers. It helps when they get practice almost everyday.
They asked for some goggles, so I took them to the store and this is what they picked out. They take this swimming thing very seriously..
Max was very hesitant when we first introduced him to the pool. He didn't seem to like the fact that his feet couldn't touch the bottom. He would cling to us, but after a week he became a little fish. Thank goodness for awesome floaties for little boys who are overly confident! ;)
Josh & I have fun too.
(This was for the ALS ice bucket challenge.)
One of very favorite summer nights! Went for for a family swim before bedtime on the night of a full moon. It was a bonus that we were the only ones there. It was heaven!
Max has been all over Teegan lately. He is one affectionate kid.
Camdyn reading to me while I painted her toenails. Max wanted to be in on the action too.
I love library days...especially when they come home to read and the house is quiet.
Dad playing penguin matching..they are lucky to have him.
We went to an aquarium nearby. The kids loved every moment of it. Teegan and Camdyn's favorite was feeding the sting rays and putting their hands in this tank where the little fishies suck on your hand. I could only try once..cause it weirded me out!
Max in awe..
It has been an adjustment for Teegan to have his own room. We realized he hasn't been alone for a few years. Every night he would come down and say he had a bad feeling. My heart went out to him. I remember those feelings when I was little and being in a new house doesn't help.
One night Josh pulled Teeg on his lap and told him that this is part of becoming a man and that he needed to be brave. He said he remembered talking about this to his dad and that someday Teeg would talk to his kids about this very thing. He told him that if he is ever scared to say a prayer and ask for help, that he can be comforted by the Holy Ghost and to read his scriptures. Teeg said thank you for the talk.
Bless his heart, for several nights when we would go to kiss the kid's sleepy faces, we would find him asleep with he scriptures out. One night I let Camdyn sleep in his bed with him. Oh they are so cute when they sleep.
Hand shakes..
Elder Miller serving in our ward from Boise area. He got here around when we did so it felt like we had a piece of home with us.











1 comment:
It looks like you have settled in and that you had a wonderful summer! You will find that you will get use to the heat (some what) and next summer won't seem as bad as this past one:)
Post a Comment