Lexie had quite the delivery let me tell you.
She went in on Wednesday night to be induced. Things were slowly moving along so we went in that afternoon to be there for the action...except for things stopped. There were moments where we wondered if they would have to take the baby by c-section but then there would be hope again and things would progress.
What a roller coaster ride for Lexie and Nick!
We came bearing gifts...along with noisy children. Just what any lady in labor would want right? :)
When we realized we had plenty of time to kill and Lexie needed to rest, we went out to eat at Gringos. Afterwards we went to the park to play. It was unexpectedly chilly. That didn't stop Max from wanting the water! He was persistent about going down the water slide and we finally gave in. Eventually Teegan & Camdyn joined in on the freezing fun! That's awesome parenting right there.
I sent this photo to Josh. It was our second home together. We lived in the basement of this house on the hill before Teegan was born. Lots of fun happy memories of just the two of us there.
We went back to the hospital to check in..and then left again to get dollar scoop ice cream. Like I said it was a long day...but i'm not complaining. It was fun!
Waiting room shenanigans...
Camdyn and I pretending to be asleep, although it wasn't much of a stretch we were tired.
We were all a bit loopy as it got later and later. Teegan wanted to play truth or dare. He dared Brianne to take the dvd player away from Max (he knows just how risky it can be) and since Papa chose truth...he asked if he had ever spanked his kids. He said no and we all laughed..not sure about that.
So after waiting all day to dilate, Lexie finally made it to a 10 and after pushing for awhile the baby's heart rate dropped. They had to do a c-section and fast. Mom came back from the delivery room to tell us the news. I will never forget the scene of nurses being paged and seeing them run her back to the OR. There were a lot of little prayers said in their behalf. It's nerve racking when you feel like they should be done and you're still waiting. She finally made her entrance into the world on Friday at 12:06 a.m. (Dad won!)
We finally got the news that the baby was here and that everything went well. We waited to be told we could come see the baby but it got too darn late! The kids were exhausted and it was 12:30 I was feeling selfish that I wanted to keep them there, so we called it a night and went back to mom and dad's...only missed seeing her by 15 mins but oh well. :)
So that next morning we went to meet ...Ayzlee Gray.
She was sure the most precious thing you had ever seen.
I was surprised by how badly the kids wanted her. They kept track of how long everyone held her and wanted second turns. (Camdyn is also praying for a baby sister.)
Well the day after was the day we left Idaho. So of course I had to head back to the hospital to love on that baby one last time. This was a horrible plan! Meet my new niece, fall in love with her and say goodbye. I will never forget poor Lexie putting all of her efforts into standing up from the chair to give me a hug. We were both pretty emotional and the nurse walked in. Not one of our best moments.
I wish we could skip the goodbyes. They're the worst!
Mom was so sweet to make an activity for the kids in the car and some yummy chocolate chip cookies. I'm so grateful for this wonderful family of mine and this place that will ALWAYS be home!








1 comment:
Bah! This post made me cry! Goodbyes are so hard.
Post a Comment