June 29 - July 1, 2014
I am so lucky that Brylee was available and willing to make the 3 day drive with us!
What in the world will I do when she is married and has her own family? She's been so helpful with many of the transitions in my life. I kind of owe her big time!
We stayed at Grandma & Grandpa Hirschi's house the night before we pulled out. Grandma made us a big breakfast and she sang the kids a song about Texas. (Of course she knows one!) The kids liked sneaking behind grandpa and teasing him. Oh how I love these two! Pulling away from their home made me sad. I hope it's not too long before we come back to visit.
This was my attempt at getting a photo of them with the kids. In the sun..bad idea.
Really Teeg...that bad? I wish I had a do-over but this is as good as it gets.
Then we went to visit my sweet Grandma Davis and stayed to play for a little while.
The kids got baskets for the car filled with activities to keep them happy.
We saw a whole lot of this...It looked like Radiator Springs.
Brylee was kind enough to play us some tunes on Max's xylophone. Ha!
Rock climbing in McDonalds..
Our fancy dinner in the hotel.
My mom printed these maps for the kids and when they saw a new state license plate..they put the sticker on the map. She is a clever lady! Teegan was obsessed, so much that we had to drive around one parking lot to see if there were any new ones. :)
Blowing and releasing balloons. I promise we were safe!
The drive was surprisingly a lot of fun. The kids did awesome! And Brylee and I only had one blonde moment...I was really just being a bad navigator. She was kind to trade off driving with me.
And finally we made it to the lone star state! Brylee had been practicing her southern accent. That girl makes me laugh.
We made a stop in Walgreens but had no idea they would have a fun kiddie play corner in the pharmacy.
And reunited at last!!
We were cheering pulling into the neighborhood. I had the address in the GPS. We had never seen the house before..only pictures.
We barely beat dad home from work. Boy were we happy to see him. He was so sweet to make a welcome home banner and blow up balloons for the occasion.









No comments:
Post a Comment