I honestly can't believe that this school year is winding down! It flew by, like it always does. It's strange to look back to the beginning, when Teegan was starting school. I remember all my concerns and now I realize all that stressing was for nothing. I was worried that he would miss out on some of the usual school things being off campus...but he has had some fun opportunities because of it. This has been an awesome year for Teegan!
They have monthly field trips to the public library. Teeg thinks it's pretty cool to have his very own library card, they built a compost, they had pet worms and learned about the lifecycle of butterflies..watching them transform, went to a greenhouse and chose a plant to to take home, and they have dance parties when all the kids get 100 percent on their spelling test. I must say that one of the highlights of my day is dropping him off in the mornings. He takes his time to say goodbye to each of us..and I usually hear smooching kisses in the back from Camdyn. (Oh i know that someday he won't allow that...but i am so glad he does now. It is too sweet!) Then when he jumps out of the car we always get some kind of show..since there is no one else around, otherwise he would be to embarrassed. He used to just give us the backwards wave the whole way to the doors, but now we either get eagle wings as he flies away or be bends over and does a somersault. Camdyn and Max are always fixated on him..there is no telling what he will do next. Love this boy!
His teacher Ms. Schatz is truly amazing. She is all about hands on learning and keeps a private blog for the parents that she updates once a month. It's fun to see this little guy in action..
He is a math whiz. He tells me that he likes to do math problems during free time. I couldn't resist this cheesy picture with his flashcards. This is so Teegan...weirdo. :)
That's one good lookin' first grader..
Spelling is one of his strengths. I don't have to put much effort into helping him with it. He has gotten a perfect score on every spelling test. He may need some more challenging words. His dad likes to remind us all that he is just like him...and that he won his 4th grade spelling bee! He even went a regional bee and got out on the word.. chrysalis (yes..i had to spell check that!)
bed time stories read by Teegan...
Funny story...last week I got a phone call from Teeg's teacher saying he had a "stomach ache" and that I needed to come pick him up from school. When I went to get him he was sure playing up the stomach pains, but when we got home he seemed fine. So I asked him what was really wrong. He then began to tell me the emergency he had at school. He was going to the bathroom and some toilet water splashed onto his underwear..so what does Teegan do? He sheds his shoes, socks, pants, and undies (this is an individual bathroom so the door was locked) and he washes his underwear in the sink and then dries them off with a paper towel and puts his soggy undies back on. No wonder why he had a "stomach ache"! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and to have seen his face as this tragic sequence of events unfolded! haha. He tells the story the best too. When I told Josh he laughed.
These two cute girls from our ward walk him home from the bus stop everyday. He usually gives them hugs when he arrives home. He's a lucky boy.
One of his very favorite after school snacks is pretzels...he sometimes makes that an educational experience too. :)
He'll have been to a new school for Kindergarten, first, and now second grade. (Still don't know where we are moving this summer..still trying to figure that part out). He has never once complained about it either. Sure he misses his friends when it's time to say goodbye, but he has a good attitude about it.










1 comment:
You've sure got some darn cute kids!! That picture of him folding his arms is the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's going to be a whiz kid as he grows up!!
Post a Comment