Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Fun Weekend

I'm grateful for my husband who was supportive to let me get away with his mom and sister to the cabin, even though the timing wasn't the greatest. It was a busy weekend. 

The three of us LOVE to scrapbook and we started a tradition of getting away to the peaceful cabin, so we can work..and play a little too. :) We hadn't done this in 5 years. The last time was when I went into labor with Camdyn. My contractions started the morning we were leaving...oh good times. The tradition was kind of put on hold when we moved to Virginia, but they have now warned me that they will do it with or without me.

We were very anxious to get there and get busy, but there were a few bumps in the road..like a leaky faucet..or more so a spewing faucet, and wood that was locked in the bully barn with no key. We were proud of ourselves for working out these problems without the boys..{we only had to call Josh's dad a few times!} We enjoyed a few chick flicks, staying up late, eating an unimaginable amount of chocolate, and sleeping in as long as possible..which usually was only 8:30 because I couldn't force myself to sleep any longer..why is that? 
This is proof for Josh that I am not the only one who burns popcorn!
(Although I still may be the one to blame..because I insisted we get a picture & set up the self timer..photo above. Sorry!) 
Eating dinner on our tv trays..
 
I am all done with my paper scrapbooks..so I brought our big desktop from home. I'm so high maintenance. Becky & Elizabeth had their stuff spread all over the place, but I had my nice and neat card table all to myself. :)

My goal was Camdyn's book. Can I just say how much I love scrapbooking? So fun to go back and read journal entries along with seeing all these forgotten pictures. It makes me miss that little, crazy toddler! Here are some of my finished pages...

On Sunday, I left the cabin, made the hour and a half drive all by myself listening to general conference..which was so nice, until this crazy storm hit. Luckily I survived and made it to Brylee's sweet sixteenth birthday. (After just a couple of days..I was happy to see my kiddos too.)
Camdyn was wanting to do some interesting poses with the birthday girl..
It's was also my dad's birthday. Kind of a big day in our family!
We were very lucky..when we got home that evening, grandma was waiting for us. It was her spring break so we got to have her for a few days. It was perfect too because Josh had to leave for a dental conference in Boise, so I was happy to have her company. 

We had a game night playing Yahtzee. Teegan is darn good at that game and he is not shy about it either!
Making cookies with grandma before she left.. 

We also took the kids to see The Croods. This was Max's first time to experience the theater so I was nervous. He did awesome though. His little bowl of popcorn helped keep him quiet. 

No comments: