Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Called To Serve

9.13.12
Well it's official my, not so little, brother Landon got his mission call to...
Drum roll please!
 Winnipeg, Canada.
He leaves February 6th. He is so incredibly happy about this news!
We got together at mom and dad's for the happy occasion. Mom put a lot of work into making it special for him. She bought a map and ahead of time, had some family and friends guess where he was going. Lexie was so funny because she was back and forth about her prediction. We were all waiting for her to make her guess so we could actually find out. She finally stuck her name on Canada. She said even though it was boring..she was going with it, since no one else had! haha. Little did she know she would be right. (She said she was joking about the boring thing!) I laugh to myself when I think about that. :) When he read where he was going...we all screamed! He was hoping to go some where exotic and learn a new language, but he was pretty stoked about Canada.
*Sidenote: Teegan predicted China and Camdyn..Pocatello, Idaho. We even let Max pick by pointing somewhere, but I don't remember where it was. 
What an anxious moment! I can only imagine how Landon was feeling.
We love our ballerina Landon! He's heavier than he looks by the way. We may have dropped him!
Mom made our favorite meal..tostadas. They boys had fun talking and prepping for mission stuff and mom enjoyed reading everything he has to pack..such as a heavy down coat that reaches his ankles and snow boots. It's going to be a cold couple of winters for him!

We are so thrilled for Elder Hirschi. The people in Winnipeg will be lucky to have him! He has a great love for the Lord and the gospel and it shows. Last spring they went to Hawaii and mom sent a text saying...he's not interested in the girls at all. More so the fruit..and hanging out in the hot tub with old people talking about his upcoming mission. I can so see him doing that! He has been talking about his mission for a while now. We are so proud of you Landon! 

5 comments:

Diana said...

Brittany, I love your blog! That is so exciting that Landon is going to Winnipeg! That is where Randy served from 2007-2009! It's a cold place!

Fisher Family said...

Congratulations to your brother! Our daughter April served in the Canada Winnipeg mission at the same time we were serving in Dallas.

Katie said...

Wow, that is awesome! How did your brother get that old? I still picture him in high school. Congrats! And PS, Britt, I love the red pants!

Alisha said...

After going to Canada this summer, I'm convinced the entire country is GORGEOUS. We saw so much beauty and the travel brochures showed us we didn't even get the best of it.

Nanette Hirschi said...

Brittany, Max chose Spain :-) That was the funnest night! I love the pictures with Landon and you girls...how he survived with his 4 sisters doing strange things to him (ballerina pose) I will never know! But one thing is for sure...He loves his sisters!!!!