Tuesday, September 11, 2012

kidney stones

I had another case of the kidney stones. Boo! They are bad news. Fortunately this time around was better. I wasn't in my first trimester of pregnancy (with Max). We were in the middle of an ordinary day..and bam! It is surprising how the pain comes on so suddenly. I was so grateful that it hit me right before Max had to go down for a nap. It was quite the challenge to lift him up and into his crib when I couldn't even stand up straight. I tried calling Josh but he wasn't answering my calls. He left his phone in the car. The office was out for the hour..gone to lunch.

I was in the kind of pain where you don't want to move but you can't sit still. And a few minutes feels like an hour. At one point I really thought I would pass out. So I hollered for the kids. They came to my rescue. They brought me water and Teegan reassured me that since he was the oldest he would be able to take care of us. I quickly taught him how to use my phone. I'm not sure what my plan was since Josh wasn't answering anyway.

 Shortly after I called my mom and luckily she had the day off..so she could answer my hundreds of calls. I was a mess! She answered my questions about the drugs we had on hand. Luckily I had some good stuff left from my last incident. My mom was so sweet..she was half way to our house before Josh came home. Since I was drugged and my pain was under control there wasn't much more she could do.

I was in and out while Josh took care of the kiddos. He fed them dinner and put them to bed. He was worried about me being drugged and not functioning well the next day while he was gone, so he called for reinforcements. What a guy! He sure takes care of me. That night Imari, Brianne, and Brylee came over for a sleepover. Imari has online classes and Brianne had the day off so it worked out perfectly. I was feeling pretty good by this point. We stayed up late chatting and searching every darn box for our air mattress pump! Imari ended up blowing up the whole whopping mattress. I'm glad he didn't pass out. We were impressed. :)

The next morning I felt perfectly normal. The stone must have been lodged in a comfortable spot..I was happy. So instead of these guys taking care of my kids all day, we played! Imari went and got us doughnuts for breakfast. Later we went out for ice cream and went to McKee's pet store..where they have a petting zoo in the back. The kids love coming and I must say..even though i'm not much of an animal person..I leave wanting a pet.

Brianne & Max enjoying the animals...until Max's shoe fell over the fence..in the poop.

Aunt Brylee..
 
 
 
 
Imari called this thing the "wizard goat".
 

Imari was getting the pig to make weird grunting noises..
 
 
I am so grateful for such wonderful family close by..who are willing to drop plans to come take care of us. Makes me never want to move away again! We had a lot of fun. When I tucked Teegan into bed that night he said..."this was the best day ever!" It was a nice surprise for the kids to wake up and find their aunts and uncle in the living room that morning. We sure love them! 

That next morning I started to feel achy on my side. It didn't last long before I passed the stone. You better believe I fished that thing out of the toilet! I felt like I won the lottery because I never found my past one. I was curious. I can't believe how something so small can cause so much pain! My mom said I was lucky it passed on its own cause it was on the larger side. The kids were so excited my "crystal" was out. I have a new appreciation for life now. :)

5 comments:

Ashley May said...

So sad that you get kidney stones, I didn't know that! Can I get them so you guys can all sleep at my house?? haha! Hopefully it works out for you guys to come in November!! I miss you!!!

Jackie said...

Oh Brit! What a miserable thing. I'm so sorry. I'm glad at least part of it turned into a party.

I'm glad it's out! Perhaps you should frame it?

Kristin said...

I had a kidney stone that I had to be hospitalized for. I was in so much pain. I can totally relate. Yet, luckily it was in college before I had kids. How great that your family was around to help. They're the best, aren't they?

Brianne and Imari Molifua said...

That was so much fun! I'm glad it worked out perfectly that we could come! I hope you get kidney stones again soon...haha jk, I definitely don't, but that was fun! Thanks for letting us come hang for the day:)

Fisher Family said...

So glad you passed it and that you are ok. That is not a fun experience.