Teegan and I experience a lot of firsts together..since he's my oldest babe. He's my cute little guinea pig. The whole school thing this year has been a huge stress for me. Seriously..praying, asking for advice, and losing a lot of sleep over it. Josh didn't understand what I was so worried about..but i'm a mom. Worrying is what we do! ;)
Here's the thing..the elementary school in our boundaries combines K-1st grade. I wasn't crazy about the idea. At registration I met with the principal to get some answers and she had a teacher talk with me. I was feeling better. Then three days before school started we found out who his teacher was and that she was located on the ISU campus..in the education building (along with one other teacher) because they can't accomodate all of the students. I was bothered that Teegan was considered left overs. After calling the other top schools on my list..hoping they would accept a transfer student and after realizing they were all full, I went back to the school to talk to the principal.
I know..I am one of those moms. I had never even met Teeg's last principal. I had a lot of questions since he wouldn't be at an actual elementary school...where do they eat lunch? What about PE?..they have no gym, Library? Do they even have a playground? I felt like he would be missing out on all the normal, fun, school stuff.
The principal was so good to me. She reassured me that my paranoia was normal. Sure. :) So we gave it a go. We made it out to be a big deal that Teegan got to go to a school with college students. It is also close to the dental clinic where dad works..so he was happy about that.
Gosh if they only knew how much we care..and worry..and love them to pieces!
Here's the thing..the elementary school in our boundaries combines K-1st grade. I wasn't crazy about the idea. At registration I met with the principal to get some answers and she had a teacher talk with me. I was feeling better. Then three days before school started we found out who his teacher was and that she was located on the ISU campus..in the education building (along with one other teacher) because they can't accomodate all of the students. I was bothered that Teegan was considered left overs. After calling the other top schools on my list..hoping they would accept a transfer student and after realizing they were all full, I went back to the school to talk to the principal.
I know..I am one of those moms. I had never even met Teeg's last principal. I had a lot of questions since he wouldn't be at an actual elementary school...where do they eat lunch? What about PE?..they have no gym, Library? Do they even have a playground? I felt like he would be missing out on all the normal, fun, school stuff.
The principal was so good to me. She reassured me that my paranoia was normal. Sure. :) So we gave it a go. We made it out to be a big deal that Teegan got to go to a school with college students. It is also close to the dental clinic where dad works..so he was happy about that.
Gosh if they only knew how much we care..and worry..and love them to pieces!
We have been dropping Teegan off at school every morning because he rides 2 buses home and four bus rides in one day feels excessive!
Mrs. Schatz seems great. When Teegan first heard her name..he thought it sounded like a mean name cause she might give the kids shots!
His first day of school was interesting..
At recess the kids encountered a beehive at recess and the bees went wild. They were vicious and stinging the kids, so they had the kids run inside..and the bees followed. They said one kid was stung 7 times and a teacher 4. Yikes!
..And Teegan got lost on his way home from school. He has a layover at Greenacres Elementary where he transfers buses. He said he was confused and didn't know which bus to get on so he just chose one. Camdyn & I were waiting at the bus stop..all excited to see him..and there was no Teegan. Camdyn was so funny..as we were walking back to the house she said, "Oh I worry about him!"
We went to the school and there was the principal. I asked her if she had seen him. The lady that was supposed to help him on the bus never even saw him. They made some phone calls..and bus drivers were on their radios trying to find him. It seriously felt like forever! I was trying keep cool. Finally a bus driver found him sitting quietly in the back of her bus..but she couldn't see him because he's so short. When Teegan was dropped off..back at the school the principal, secretary, and I were there cheering for him when he stepped off the bus. His cheeks were very rosy! Poor kid had a long day.
Day two was better and now he knows just what bus to get on. Camdyn, Max, and I find ways to entertain ourselves while we wait for him at the bus stop..
Even though I am in no rush for Camdyn to leave me for Kindergarten..I will love knowing that they can ride the bus together. Teegan has come home sad a few times because no one sat by him on the bus. He has a tender heart. There's no doubt that Camdyn would let anyone else sit by him next year!
This squishy-faced hug looked familiar (from here).
As for this little girl..A couple of days later was her first day of preschool..second time around. I found her an awesome teacher who teaches from her home. She lives on the mountain and has two dogs..which is what made Camdyn excited. She comes home with darling crafts each day and her teacher does a lot with them to get them ready for kindergarten next year. The class didn't fill up, so there are only 3 students which means a lot of one on one time. She sure loves preschool!
She was excited to wear her rainbow shirt and sparkly shoes..
Her teacher..Miss Tiffany







5 comments:
So sad that Teegan got lost on the bus! Poor little guy. Camdyn looked adorable on her first day.
I teared up a bit hearing about Teegan getting lost on the bus! It seems like you kept your cool...how on earth? I would be freaking out! And poor Teeg! That made me so sad. Glad its all smooth now and both kids are loving school! We miss you guys!
I would have totally freaked out about the bus thing! I'm glad that he and you survived. I love the back to school dinner idea. I've been wanting to start it myself but just have never felt prepared to do it because it sneaks up on me. I first saw the idea from NieNie. You can check her's out here http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/search/label/back%20to%20school%20feast
Britt, you are such a good mom and know how to take care of those kids and make them feel special. I'm already scared to send Charlie off. Can I call you when I freak out and don't know what to do?
So glad to hear I'm not the only one who stresses out over school. We love these little ones so much and only want what's best for them. Letting them grow up is so dang hard. ;)
Post a Comment