Monday, August 8, 2011

A week without dad..

A couple days after Josh's mom left...Josh did too. That Monday he had a week long rotation in Martinsville, VA and got home Friday night. He was very excited about it because it was his first one, now that he's in his 4th year and they get a lot more experience...without an instructor hanging over their shoulder.

Me on the other hand...I went from having all this help with the new babe, to being completely on my own. I was up for the challenge though! It wasn't too bad. It sure made me appreciate Josh a lot more and by the end of the week I was more than ready for him to come home.
During the week, I learned two very important things:

1. The kids do a lot better when we're out and about playing.
(They would get bored..which led to fighting!)
2. NEVER watch the news before going to bed! 
Huge mistake...there are a lot of crazies out there! 


At lunch time Camdyn moved her chair right next to Teegan. Apparently she wasn't sitting close enough.




This summer has been a doozy! It has been too terribly hot with heat indexes up to 115 degrees. Yuck! That's just too hot for even the pool with little Max. We'd try and go out for a bit in the morning. Other than that, we stayed indoors..children's museum, mall play area, library.
They enjoyed gathering & painting rocks...


..And this little guy sure has taken it easy on me. He just goes with the flow around here..for the most part. He enjoys staring at the bears on his swing. :)
Luckily Josh didn't have any rotations in August..his next one is coming up in September.  This fall will be more hectic. He will have three rotations back to back in November. I've got to start gearing up for it!

2 comments:

Dallings said...

You did it! It looks like your kids had a great time too. Did I spy a rooster?

Katie said...

You are seriously such a good mom. I told you, you are always doing fun stuff with them. Here's the proof. Way to take on your first solo week like a champ. When i grow up, I hope I can be more like you!