Thursday, August 25, 2011

bedtime..

I love moments like these. When I get to sit back and just watch Josh be a dad.
We live for bedtime around here! Don't get me wrong..I love when the kids are awake being crazy & rowdy, ;) but at the end of the day when I'm feeling exhausted..it's nice to say good night. The kids love story time, especially when Josh tells them Harry Potter stories. Teegan is already excited for the day when we will read the books to him..once he's a little bit older.

These 2 are roommates now. We had to make some room for Max. 
They love it! They go to bed together and wake up together. I love listening to them talk to each other at night. One night, when I came back into their room, Teegan said that he was just telling Camdyn about the golden plates and how Moroni buried them in the dirt. {He had just had the lesson in primary.} 

Other nights it's not so fun though..when they get crazy ideas, get out of bed a lot and can't stop laughing and settle down.
A few nights ago I got the kids out of the bathtub and had laid out their pjs. Max was downstairs crying & hungry so I told them I would be right back. When I went back up..They had both put their pjs on, Camdyn brushed her hair, they shut off the light and climbed in bed. 
I was shocked to say the least! They said they were surprising me. It was so sweet. 
Camdyn reminded me that they weren't ready for bed yet..
they didn't brush their teeth, pray, or get a story. It was still a great thought!

2 comments:

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I love that they share a room now so cute! I think thats some of the best childhood sibling memories!

Grandma and Papa said...

We are the luckiest grandparents! We've got the cutest, most thoughtful grandkids (& kids) of all time! Love you all!!