Sunday, August 28, 2011

The storm has passed..

I am happy to report that hurricane Irene was not as big of a deal as
they were foreseeing. Church was cancelled today so Josh has actually been home for most of the day. It's been great and I've had some blogging time.

Friday night I got a phone call from my dad. He asked if grandma Davis had made it yet? {Her name is Irene}. Good one dad! :) Saturday morning Josh left for Charlottesville to do dental work at a clinic there with a couple of his classmates. I was really hoping they would have cancelled. He said on the way there it was just raining, but on the way home he said it was scary. The rain was blowing horizontally and there was a lot of water on the road. A car a little ways in front of them spun around and went off the road into a ditch. They stopped to check and make sure they were ok..which they were. There were also trees that had blown over and were blocking the road.

We were sure glad when dad came home...the power had been out for a few hours. So we were hanging out in the gloomy house. It was a pajama day! Teegan and Camdyn thought it was so exciting. They loved playing with their flashlights {thank you aunt Becky}. We had fun building forts, cuddling on the couch and telling stories, showing off our best dance moves, and running to our neighbors to get some of their extra ice for our cooler in case the power was out all day. I left Max safe & sound..and dry who was sleeping.
The power came back on shortly after Josh got home. Our friends that live on the south end were told their power may not come back on for a few days. A tree hit a major power line. We were lucky.

The wind was pretty crazy! It was fun to look out of our kitchen window..just watching the huge trees, waiting for the branches to snap. That night I wanted the kids to sleep in our room. I was so worried about the kids who are upstairs..scared that a tree might come crashing down on them. I really am paranoid I tell ya. Worst case scenario always goes through my mind. Josh reassured me the worst of the storm was over. I'm sure he wanted a good night sleep too. This morning we woke up to a sunny sky & a small breeze.
Photo taken this morning..when power was on. They still wanted to play with flashlights though.
We went for a Sunday stroll. There were a lot of small branches all over the place, but nothing big.
Camdyn was on clean up duty..

4 comments:

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I am so glad the storm wasn't as bad as it was predicted to be! at least Teeg and Cam had fun! When I saw this Picture of Max I thought it was a neighbors baby then I realized that had to be Josh's shirt! He looks so different! I showed all the family and they were shocked, dad did not believe that it was Max.

Fisher Family said...

So glad you all are all right! Your baby is darling! He is sure growing fast.

Katie said...

We were pretty lucky. Good thing we had ice, eh? It puts a huge smile on my face thinking of Teegan's killer dance moves. We'll have a dance party with the Miles any day (or every day)!

Grandma and Papa said...

Exciting day for the kiddos. You were being pretty creative. :)
Wow! Max is growing so fast! I can't believe how much he's changed.