It was a typical evening..we were killing some time, doing a puzzle..looking forward to bedtime when Josh told me I had 5 minutes to go primp because I was going out. What? Where?
He had been wanting to go on a date before the baby came, so I just thought maybe he had something planned for us. Then came the blindfold! He had me sitting on the steps by the door and as I was sitting there waiting...these deep voiced "men" came barging in and grabbed me and escorted me to a nearby car. {Apparently Josh & the kids watched from the window and the kids were very concerned, having no clue what they were doing with me..}
My kidnappers seemed to be harsh at first, but they had sweet moments..asking me how my day was & how I was feeling. :) Really I knew right away it was Emily, Katie, Nichole, & Jackie...their giggles were a dead giveaway.
I was blind folded the whole time and may have felt slightly car sick...but it was well worth the surprise.
Short Pump Mall..
I could tell we went through some doors & they had me sit down, my blindfold was taken off and there were my closest friends (at Baker's Crust) to celebrate, with some dessert of course...before the baby comes. Uh yeah, I may have gotten a little emotional. It was so thoughtful and slightly frightening! :)
They even made me a coupon book, offering their services, with valuable coupons such as...
Good for "One morning nap"
"Babysitter at baby's first doctor's visit"
"Date night babysitter"
"Trip to the pool with the kids"
"Kid free shopping trip"
..multiple dinners, etc.
So generous! I know these will come in handy.
Nichole, Alicia, Mandi, Heather, Joy, me, Katie, Bridgette, Jackie, & Emily..
The girls were asked to wear pink or blue..depending on what gender they guess for the babe.
Everyone wore blue. Ha! {A couple of girls forgot, but still guessed blue..}
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing support group...
Thank you girls for a very memorable night!
Thank you girls for a very memorable night!


5 comments:
What a cute idea:) You have some great friends!
seriously so so cute!!! i was hoping you were going to say you were kidnapped and taken to the hospital... but bakers crust is a close second choice! love and miss all those girls...and I need one last baby bump pic beforeI guess "he" arrives!!!
( i say he cuz everyone else does but i have kinda been leaning towards a girl so we will see!)
I am so glad we got to go out before he came and I guess it was lucky that my new maternity shirt was blue.
I was so happy to hear about this! You are so loved. I was there in spirit. I wsih I was there to see you right now and help you out with the cutest new guy on the block. Your in our thoughts. We miss you guys.
This was so fun! It was hilarious to see you walk to restaurant and come in with your blind fold and watch other peoples faces there wondering what in the world was going on, lol. It was a great night with great friends! I can't believe that you aren't pregnant anymore and that little man is here now :)
Post a Comment