Introducing our baby boy...
June 19, 2011 at 5:52 a.m.
7 lb. 11 oz. 20"
The story: My contractions started on Saturday evening. They were about 15 minutes apart, so I figured once I went to bed they would stop...like they had before. I woke up at 1:30 a.m. timed about 4 contractions that were 6 minutes apart...and that was enough for me! I woke Josh up and we started getting ready to head to the hospital. I knew I was already dilated to a 4, so we didn't want to waste any time. We called my friend, Nichole from across the street and she ran right over to spend the night with our kids.
We left at 2:30 and the contractions were getting much stronger and closer together. We got situated in our delivery room and I eventually got my epidural. Everything went so quickly. Dr. Mahoney later came in and it was finally time! Time to meet our baby.
He was delivered at 5:52...she lifted him up and said, "It's a boy...Maxwell."
{We had told her our boy & girl names} And with a full head of hair too. Oh man...what a rush of emotions! Especially when Josh & I thought it was a girl. We were almost certain. What a fun surprise. He was so beautiful and perfect..and apparently had peed on me when he was put on my stomach. :) You better believe we called family in the middle of the night (especially with the time difference) to tell them the news.
I love the whole delivery experience. It is quite the spiritual experience. It's amazing how much you love you immediately feel for this tiny person.
He was delivered at 5:52...she lifted him up and said, "It's a boy...Maxwell."
{We had told her our boy & girl names} And with a full head of hair too. Oh man...what a rush of emotions! Especially when Josh & I thought it was a girl. We were almost certain. What a fun surprise. He was so beautiful and perfect..and apparently had peed on me when he was put on my stomach. :) You better believe we called family in the middle of the night (especially with the time difference) to tell them the news.
I love the whole delivery experience. It is quite the spiritual experience. It's amazing how much you love you immediately feel for this tiny person.
He was wide awake looking all around before they took him for his bath.
Dr. Mahoney was awesome! I wish I could keep her for my other deliveries.
She was more a part of our experience and spent more time in our room. Before I headed to the hospital, I was asked to page her. I did and talked to her on the phone. Apparently she fell back asleep and had a very strange dream about me & Josh and our baby came out a mutant!
She was kind enough to wait after Maxwell was born to tell us about it. :)
Sneaking in a quick nap...
Josh went home to get Teegan and Camdyn before they went to church. {Our sweet friends took them with.} When they came in the room, we told them they had a baby brother! They were so excited. Teegan said he knew he was right.
It was so sweet to see Camdyn's motherly side. She kept saying "he's such a cute baby" and loved stroking his head. For the first couple of days she was calling him Joey. Who knows where she got it.
Teegan was the first to count his fingers and toes to make sure he had them all. He also later brought a darling picture of Maxwell with him for a visit. Thanks Teeg..what a good big brother.
...And Happy Father's Day to Josh!
He is an amazing dad and I love seeing him with a new baby.
Max was the best gift ever. I will never, as hard as I try, be able to beat this year. Even though it was hard to wait, the timing was perfect. He was a happy daddy!
I'm just glad I put his gift in my hospital bag...just in case.
He is an amazing dad and I love seeing him with a new baby.
Max was the best gift ever. I will never, as hard as I try, be able to beat this year. Even though it was hard to wait, the timing was perfect. He was a happy daddy!
I'm just glad I put his gift in my hospital bag...just in case.
6.21.11
Going home...
It's been so fun to have Max home. The kids have been so fascinated with him.
We are so in love with his little smirks, quiet cries, tiny hiccups, and chicken legs.
Thank you to all of our friends who helped take care of our kids and provided meals. We are truly grateful and were well taken care of.




26 comments:
I can't get over that hair! He is so darling. He is a great addition to your beautiful family! Congrats, again!
Congratulations!! He is so handsome! And I love the name Max. So happy for you guys!!!
Great post, and even greater news! He is so sweet. I love him!
Congratulations Brittany! He is perfect and it's so cute to see Teeg and Cams so in love with him.
Congratulations!! He is adorable!! I love the first picture of you and him! So prefect!!
Adorable you guys. Can you believe you have three? Three is a huge change I feel old having three. Congratulations!
I have not met him, but I already love him so much!!! He is seriously such a cute baby!! I love all of his hair! I love that Cam was calling him Joey hehe so funny!! Oh and Caitie was really hoping you were going to name his Narticus hahaha
seriously I LOVED reading this post...all the details totally made it worth the wait! Love his hair, love your cute kids holding him, love your coordinating going home outfits and blanket...and just miss your beautiful family! CONGRATS!!!!
Congrats! He is so cute. Everyone looks so happy to have a new family member.
P.S. You looked sooo good after delivering a baby!!
CONGRATS!!! What a beautiful baby boy!!! I'm so glad that everything went to well. Please call me if you ever need anything!!!
Oh my word!! Look at that hair! I cried reading your post... I agree with Sara, worth the wait! It makes me so excited. He is beautiful Britt and you look amazing. I'm so glad that everything went well. Please let me know if you need anything at all. Start using those coupons my dear!!
CONGRATULATIONS! He is just beautiful! Love all the pitures! What a beautiful family you have. We are very happy for you!
Boy, girl, boy! It's so fun! Congratulations, Maxwell is beautiful. Hope things are going well. Miss you guys.
Congrats! What a handsome little guy! You look amazing and your family is too cute!
He is so cute!! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! That is funny that everyone thought it was a boy... how'd they know? He is absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for you!!
Your munchkins are so so adorable! Congratulations on this new little guy. He is precious. I LOVE all his hair. Teegan and Camdyn look smitten by him. LOVE IT! We are welcoming baby #3 (little boy) in 10 weeks and are so so excited!!
Congrats!!! He is so beautiful!
Congrats guys, he's so beautiful!!! And you look pretty great yourself for just having a baby!! Missed you guys at the 4th of July party!! Love ya!
How did I not see this post earlier?!! He is so beautiful and tiny. I love the story. Love the hair. Love it all! You look fantastic, by the way, for a middle-of-the-night delivery! Seriously. I wish I could be there to hold him. Congrats!
Dear Maxwell,
You are a darling angel. We can't wait to meet you. We wish we could hear all of the giggles that you produce. Or hear a full report of your whereabouts from Teeg and Cams. They are going to take good care of you. Your Mom and Dad are incredible. The kindest people we've ever met. We love you.
The Dallings
Britt I adore all of those pictures. The last one of you and him, I'm getting a little emotional here. Your beautiful, every bit of you.
Maxwell is so adorable! I love your story, your making me cry... I am so happy for your cute family. I wish I could have Mahoney deliver my baby too. You look so good! Give him a squeeze for me.
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby!
CONGRATS BRITTANY!!! Your family is sooo beautiful and the new babe....TO DIE FOR (of course!)!!!!!!! You probably don't remember, but 7 years ago to the day you had Maxwell, I was laboring with Carson. It is really fun having a baby boy and his dad share a celebration on Father's Day!
Congratulations Miles Family!!! He is super cute and your whole family is adorable!
Post a Comment