Monday, February 21, 2011

Boy or Girl?


Here is my growing belly at 20 weeks...My feet are slowly starting to disappear. 
We have decided to NOT find out the sex of our baby this time around. Josh planted this idea in my head, thought it would be fun to mix things up a bit since we found out with our first two. Honestly, I hadn't ever really thought about doing this. I like to know. I like to plan...but thought, why not? 

I had my ultrasound 2 weeks ago..the one where we could have found out. I told the ultrasound tech that I really didn't want to know, but have heard stories of the secret slipping by the doctor during delivery. She said her lips were sealed. No one would know. Not even my doctor as long as there were no visible complications. She said even if I felt tempted to cheat and peak..she wouldn't let me! 
Thank you..

I must say..every time she had me look away, I was so curious what she was seeing! 
She warned me she would say "he" by default, but not to think it meant anything. The baby was overly active. I told her this must mean it's a boy..she said, "Don't even try that on me...it's not gonna work!"
And because I may have had chocolate pudding after lunch..she told me my baby was grounded from chocolate pudding...how dare she! :)

Josh took one look at the ultrasound picture after he got home from school and said, "It's a girl!"
Teegan & Camdyn also think it's a girl. I'm not so convinced. 
..but I guess we'll see in June.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

That's fun you're not officially finding out the gender. People suggested to me to do that with Melia's pregnancy since I already had stuff for boy and girl. But I HAD to find out. I like to be as much prepared as possible. And I wouldn't be so sure that it's a girl either. My ultrasound tech thought Blake was a boy at first and then did some more searching and found out he was a boy. Whatever the gender I know the baby will be beautiful just like your other two.

P.S. Very cute top!

Alicia said...

I'm going to guess it's a boy! Can't wait to meet the little munchkin either way!

Jackie said...

I love that you're not finding out! So fun.

I don't know if I have that sort of self-control, so I'm glad I can live this experience through you guys. :)

Fisher Family said...

Back in our day you didn't have a choice. You had to wait to find out what you were having. If I had the choice I don't think I could wait. I'd have to know. Way to go, you have way more self control than we do! Congratulations on your new one thats coming!

Danielle and Brian said...

AHH your crazy! Im dying here! Can't wait for baby miles #3. You look awesome! I just keep thinking that everytime I see you that you carry pregnancy very well. Hope you feel as well as you look!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen

the Murphys said...

So, what if you found out there was another little one in there hiding?! It's happened before! We need twin girls to balance out the boys, don't ya think?! Craving anything yet? Can I send you some mini eggs? Or maybe some dirt? :)

Ashley May said...

I can't beleive your waiting, that is amazing. I am too impatient. I begged my docter to let me check two weeks early, and my apt. was in the morning. I can't wait!

This will be so fun for you guys!! I'm so excited for you!