Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's


This is what our Valentine's festivities were like:
Teegan worked on his super hero cards for his preschool class. He kept telling us how much work it was to sign his name..but by the smirk on his face we knew it was more like 'wow..I am good to be able to do all this!' Josh & I were secretly laughing about it...totally remembering how we felt when we were young.  :) 
{He needed help with the last 6 or so..it really was a lot for him but great practice.}




 Camdyn wanted to write 'c's on a few of the extras.
 Camdyn & I met Teegan at preschool for his party. We had icecream sundaes & cupcakes.
He got a lot of goods from his friends. It was fun to read who gave what cards.  If there were hearts anywhere on the card..he assumed they loved him. Are we really starting this already?!
The morning of Valentine's I made pink heart pancakes and hung hearts from the ceiling of the kitchen. When Teeg saw the pancakes he said...
"Oh is this because I love Camdyn, Ella, & Brylee?" 
I didn't even make the list! :)
Throughout the day Camdyn would run over to me and ask if it was Valentine's day..when I told her yes..she'd just run off. Like that's all she wanted to know. It was a special day for them.

Teegan and I gave daddy a little "surprise" in his backpack. When he came home (late) after having "a Valentine's day from heck"..we surprised him with a kid-friendly candle light dinner for 4. (Which ended up being 3 because Camdyn was crabby..so she watched a movie & came in the last 15 minutes of the meal.)
I don't know if it was more fun to see Josh's reaction..or Teeg's while surprising him!
Josh & I celebrated alone..on Saturday. We went to Cheesecake Factory & didn't eat until 9:30 because of the long wait, but it was well worth it.
It was a good one. I am grateful for all my sweethearts! (Cheesy..i know.)

4 comments:

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

Oh that is funny Teeg is already reading into the cards!! haha I remember those days. so cute! I love your card I got in the mail made my day!!

Furniss Family said...

Sounds like a fun Vday :) Glad you and Josh got to get out too and celebrate :)

the Murphys said...

Britt! We were totally on the same wave length this year. I made pink heart pancakes for the kids and Ella and I did a surprise dinner for Scott. So funny! Great minds think alike, eh?! :)

Brianne and Imari Molifua said...

Happy late Valentines Day! It sounds like you guys had a great day! And I loved the idea of hanging hearts from the kitchen ceiling...I might have to steel that idea sometime! Ha and Teeg makes me laugh...that is so fun that you get to re-live your childhood through him...that will be a fun day I am sure! Thank you so much for the cute Card...I got mine in the mail too, and I was so excited...it made my day as well! Love and miss you all so much!!!